Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does your Vetter lower clear the Choke Lever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug,

I got mine on last night... (set I bought a while back from Cobia.)

Lucked out when it comes to the "choke lever"... XJ's have a cable from the handle bar, left side... so no problem.

But I have the same situation with the petcocks. Mine have no cut-outs... look just like yours in the picture. May have to remedy that...

I also have crash bars and nice forward pegs that are real back savers on long rides... looks like I can still use them, but the lowers are definitely in the way some...

But they should be real nice this winter!
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
      Lucked out when it comes to the "choke lever"... XJ's have a cable from the handle bar, left side... so no problem.

But I have the same situation with the petcocks. Mine have no cut-outs... look just like yours in the picture. May have to remedy that...

I also have crash bars and nice forward pegs that are real back savers on long rides... looks like I can still use them, but the lowers are definitely in the way some...

But they should be real nice this winter!
      You DO luck out with the choke like that. I had forgotten that the XJ's was on the handlebars! I have pegs on mine too, but no crash bars, so the pegs are much closer to the engine. Basically makes it so they are unusable with the lowers installed. I haven't decided yet, but I will either remove the lowers when the weather warms up or look for crash bars and pegs to mount further out from the engine.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

I like this one, with the slot for the choke handle. I can't tell if the slot was factory or not, but it looks cool, IMO. It retains the large "tail" while still granting clean access to the lever.

1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X