Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the fluid return on the rear master?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the fluid return on the rear master?

Incubus the XS11 project is ready for a run around the block to check out the clutch and potential second gear issues. Before I can do that, however, I have to unlock the rear brake. The master works - it builds up pressure and stops the wheel, but it does not release properly, leading me to believe the master is not allowing the return of fluid.

I just changed the back tire and when I did I compressed the brake piston completely. When I put the wheel back on the wheel turned freely. As soon as I pumped the back brake back up, though, it grabbed the rotor and won't let go. Those are my total symptoms.

Suggestions are welcome.

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

An easy way to determine if the caliper or the master cyl. is causing the problem is....

Loosen the bleeder screw, don't snap it off . If the wheel spins now, the master cyl. spooge hole is plugged. If it still doesn't, the caliper seal is gunked up. Remove and clean the appropriate part(s). The fluid return is the spooge hole.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Where is the splooge hole on the rear master? I can't find any small holes like the front master has.
      The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
      1969 Yamaha DT1B
      Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

There are pictures here -
        http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14
        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Working...
        X