spooge hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spooge hole

I bled my brakes the other day and cleaned out the spooge hole.One question-i removed all the fluid from the master cylinder and twisted the reservoir to reveal the spooge hole.Does the reservoir actually come apart if you pry it?Just curious.If it does what actually holds it on and will it go back on without leaking?I actually want to removed the black paint from the master cylinder.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

yes

if you pry very carfully there is an o-ring that seals the cup on , with the cup off it is a much easier to get to the holes, I used a guitar string an that worked well just clean with new brake fluid nothin else or you will contaminate you fluid
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Keep on twisting, and prying up carefully with a putty knife or other thin device, and the reservoir will pop right off of the body. The reservoir seals to the body with a large o-ring. Gravity also helps keep it on...
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Ok Thanks Ken! Brakes are good now-Spooge hole is easy to find if you grab a hold of reservoir and twist- hole is then visible!
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
        X