No announcement yet.

Geezer's custom disk brake rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The damn lawyers had to F'up all the cool projects and products. I figured I'd place a minimum order of these so I could have a couple 3 sets for my own bikes and every one else would get theirs for just a bit over cost to cover all the hassle of importing them but the product liability insurance would cost a fortune and probably be more than the cost of the parts. I would have to order and sell 5x as meany sets to get back to the break even point.

If I ever win the lottery I'll order them and give away the ones I don't need... Not likely that's going to happen...

BTW Honda CBR600R rotors are the same diameter and offset but the mounting holes have to redrilled to fit, but these make a nice light rotor for the XS11. I know one guy that put a set on his bike and I have one and I'm going to scrounge up a mate to it one of these days and put them on the front of my bike.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
      The damn lawyers had to F'up all the cool projects and products. I figured I'd place a minimum order of these so I could have a couple 3 sets for my own bikes and every one else would get theirs for just a bit over cost to cover all the hassle of importing them but the product liability insurance would cost a fortune and probably be more than the cost of the parts. I would have to order and sell 5x as meany sets to get back to the break even point.

If I ever win the lottery I'll order them and give away the ones I don't need... Not likely that's going to happen...

BTW Honda CBR600R rotors are the same diameter and offset but the mounting holes have to redrilled to fit, but these make a nice light rotor for the XS11. I know one guy that put a set on his bike and I have one and I'm going to scrounge up a mate to it one of these days and put them on the front of my bike.

Geezer
      Sorry to hear about the lawyers. What year CBR?
      1980 XS1100G - Coming together
      1979 XS1100 Midnight Special - Still in one rusted piece

Comment

I'm not sure about the year on these...

Geezer

Comment

I'd be curious to know the year too. There's multiple types that come up if you search eBay under 'CBR600R', some that obviously won't work.

Any chance of posting a pic of yours?
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Remind me sometime in a month or so and I will. I just moved and I can't find anything.

Geezer

Comment

Working...
            X