No announcement yet.

new seat... finally posted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a pic of me o nthe tiny radian and also a video where you ca nsee the stock seat cover. and one of me going to warp speed...

" She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

Jetting

Hello I put the same pod filters on my bike, so would you be able to tell me what jet size you used and needle clip postion you used also?

Tks
      Peter.

Comment

lord the po rejetted it... i have the left over jets and they were 142.5 i think...??? i'd have to break into the carbs to see. maybe i can get in there just before the rally next month and clean them realy good so it'll ride nice.
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

Jetting

Hello tks for the reply, I see your front fender looks a bit different from what is on the MikesXS site. http://www.mikesxs.net/products-12.html#disclaimer Is it the same one as you have?? If not would it fit on a xs1100 forks? Oh yeah your idle mixture screws how many turns out do you have them set back out at also?? I have a lot done to my 81 MS 1100, and I am now trying to set the carbs up. 1196 bore kit, aftermarked cams from web cams from California, 4 into 2 exhaust, dyno jet kit and the KN pod filters.

Cheers
          Peter.

Comment

the fender at the top is the one i have it will only fit the standard forks. won't fit the special. i think TC measured them at the rally last year to see if they would fit.

i think my setting would be different on the carbs than your mine isn't bored over. also i think i read that you'll need to stiffen the springs in the slides due to strongewr vac.

79 xs11 standard
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

how is the quality on that seat cover ? i've seen them on ebay but for that price it could go either way quality wise . the seat on my special is split at every single seam , time to recover it .

Comment

I bought one of those covers too ...

turned out as good as one I paid twice as much for.
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                80G Mini-bagger
                VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

why does yours have lines on the driver seat area and the OP's doesn't ? does this guy have a bunch of different styles he'll do ?

Comment

Tdodge ..

yup, he does. It's supposedly on his website but I asked him over the phone. That is a non slip material on the center section... was no extra charge and looks kinda cool. The fit was pretty good too ... that's the thing to havin' it turn out right.
                    80G Mini-bagger
                    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
                    X