new seat... finally posted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new seat... finally posted...

here is my beautiful new seat... i installed it a couple of months ago but just have been too busy riding to post the pics 39 bucks off ebay ain't bad!

" She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Good Job! Seat looks great.

Great looking bike. I especially like the Yamaha tuning forks emblem instead of the name. That really changes the look of that standard tank.
    Bothell, WA
    1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Yamahansolo,

Nice find! And great price! I like the way it flows into the tail of the bike.

How's the cushion? Comfortable?

Nice paint, too! Like the blue.

Good looking bike!

Bob
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

that is one clean bike

Comment

it's just the seat cover...

i still have the stock seat on there. you take the old leather off and slide the new one over the foam.

just don't use upholstry spray glue... it stuck and tore a small spot off the foam...
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

Very sharp. Fairing is a good looking addition...
            RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

thanks. it looked better when i first got it but i ride so much it has gotten dirty! also i swapped the stock bars out for the daytona bars and the dang throttle cable doo dad keeps hotting the tank and knocking the paint off!!!

79 xs11 standard
              8mm msd wires
              tkat fork brace...
              Fox shocks...
              mikes650 front fender
              led's gallore...
              renthal bars
              gold valve emulators
              vmax tensioner
              Rifle fairing

Comment

Where can one find a fairing like yours? It looks good!
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I commute to work on my bike rain or shine. I ride home between corn fields at dusk when all the bugs come out. It would take me 2 hours a week to keep my bike that pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkelephant View Post
                    I commute to work on my bike rain or shine. I ride home between corn fields at dusk when all the bugs come out. It would take me 2 hours a week to keep my bike that pretty.
                    I hear ya on that, lots'a bugs in my area. Ive been putting on average 100 miles a day this past week leaving no time to do any cleaning. It looks good at night though!
                    '79 XS11 F
                    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Sweeeeet!!! Seat And the rest of Your machine looks purty darn good too What difference did you notice if any with the slotted front rotors? Also Do You have the link from where you got the seat? TIA
                      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I'm getting ready to have my seat done as well, and I'm taking your pics in as an example of what I want

Good looking scoot!
                        Ray

'79 XS1100 Special - An XS Odyssey <<-- Click it, you know you want to!
                        '07 FJR1300

Comment

How did you get the engine that clean? I'd like my to look that way at least once...

Geezer
                          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Nice Seat! Bike looks great! Love the blue paint. BTW where did you get the tunning forks decals for the tank? Im thinking the samething for mine.
                            Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
                            Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
                            Pod Filters
                            DynoJet Kit
                            T.C.'s Fuse Block
                            Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
                            Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
                            V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

swmbo said to tell you she thinks i have a nice seat too...

all parts come from ebay... the emblems were like 3 bucks from some knock off place in thailand or something?? i saw them on there stil lthe other day. the windsheild is an f16. search for the ebay stores and there is a guy who had about 25 of them he wants around 80 bucks but if you offer 45 he will sell them for 45 bucks brand new.

i also have the tuning decal on the tail... it's kind of hard to see in the pics though...

i wanted to do a custom seat but when i saw these on ebay i couldn't refuse.... the stock seat was still in great shape it was just too dated for the look i am going for.

i really want an xjr1300 like this one... unfortuanitly with 4 kids and 2 car payments that's not an option...
                              i think i am going to take the light from my xj11 and the ears and paint the ear parts to match the aluminum on the xjr and also paint the back half of the round bucket to look like the xjr as well... i thought about getting the dashe from a radian... it looks close to the xjr. i had an 86 radian and it was very clean as well but it looked too little with me on it and going from an 11.3 sec yzf600r to a 12.3 sec radian was just too slow.!!!!! anyone outside the stated want to trade an xjr 12 or 13 for a 79 11???

Last edited by yamahansolo; 08-07-2009, 05:56 PM.

79 xs11 standard
                              8mm msd wires
                              tkat fork brace...
                              Fox shocks...
                              mikes650 front fender
                              led's gallore...
                              renthal bars
                              gold valve emulators
                              vmax tensioner
                              Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
                              X