need help carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help carb questions

I have an 81 xs1100, pod filters, straight pipes. Runs good up until 6,000rpm then flattens out ( no more power) I know with this set up it needs the carbs re jetted, I am going with three sizes bigger from the carb jetting recommendations page I found on this site. http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=382 Any way do I rejett the main jets as well as the pilot jets? or just the main? I am starting with 120's for the main and going up three sizes from that. Followed by the stock pilot jetts being 42.5 and going up three sizes from that. Does this sound right? Please somebody help! Thanks Erik

I have not played with rejetting the carbs yet, my bike is still stock pipes and intake system. I have heard many people try to run straight pipes and had nothing but trouble out of it trying to get the jetting setup right. Most go back to some type of muffler.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

I think your set-up could use a bump in the mains. 117.5 mains and 45 pilots should run good for you.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Cool thanks! I am going to order some up form mikesxs.com in a couple of days. Worst case I will neck the pipes down to 1 3/4'' from 2 1/4'' at the exhaust tips if I have problems jetting.

Comment

I am running 120 mains, 42.5 pilots, and the upgraded needle/tubes from MikesXS, on my 80G. I just have a K&N air filter element, and MikesXS coils (not the green ones).

My plugs are very light, but within normal coloration. Floats are down 2mm.

127.5 would seem very large for your mods.

Since the stock size for an 81 is 115 or 110 (std or spcl) you are going up either 5 or 7 sizes from stock. You would go up either 1 or 2 pilot jet sizes.
          Last edited by Crazcnuk; 08-04-2009, 02:27 AM.
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

FWIW, the main jets can be found (usually) locally at about any motorcycle parts house by asking for "Mikuni Large Round" jets
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
            X