No announcement yet.

New here and new to me 78XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty color! Wonder what it looks like in the sun!

Took me a minute to figure out what Gyproc was... I've only ever called it Drywall. Most newer garages don't come with that anymore...
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Sweet loking ride!! Nice color on the paint.

Hey Ken, Am I missing something, the only monster by the door I see is yellow.

Bug, The only reason they don't gyp/drywall the garage is because it is one more way they cut their cost to increase profit. Its amazing what they get away without doing anymore.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
        the only monster by the door I see is yellow.
        Looks Orange to me! Matches the color of the XS's turn signal pretty well.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

You spend 375 on a house and they dont finish the garage. Oh well, I'll get to it some day. The ZX9 is custom Lambo Orange. I covered the seat in carbon fibre. The carbon looks good on sport bikes.
          I gotta find the side covers for the xs, thats my main concern right now.
          1978 XS1100E, superbike bars, 4 into 1 Kerker, k&n, repaired trans.

Comment

I might have to bid on the wooden jobber on ebay.

Comment

Thanks on the color. I used Dupont GM garnet red. Its closer in color to the original that the black I was gonna use.

Comment

Hi XS11head.Nice job on the bike,looks great.Good luck with your second gear issue.I had a similar noise that you are experiencing.Very noisy at idle,almost like a rod bearing or wristpin noise.The cam chain adjustment didnt help.I was embarrassed to ride the bike it was so noisy.Anyways,after researching a few post about noises thought I would try syncing the carbs.I was amazed how quiet and well the bike runs now.Also starts easier.Hope this helps,Brad

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did take the bike for a ride and second gear is thrashed out, but I will do a synch when this is repaired.

Comment

Working...
                  X