how do you 1 man flip the beast?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • greg maz
    replied
    btw I want that cooler, got the oil filter kit already, where did you get that?

    Leave a comment:


  • greg maz
    replied
    looks real cool

    I'll read & do all that later

    but I don't have the back rails and it's the xj cruiser this time

    good picture with the dog helping

    Leave a comment:


  • Silent
    replied
    Some light reading on another forum about my adventure into repairing my XS's tranny problem. Watch the pic progression a few posts down and you'll see how I did it. I left the crash bars on the left side and it rolled right over fairly easy. I did use the center stand a s a lever for that last little Umph. I did the complete repair and roll over (both ways) solo.

    Leave a comment:


  • latexeses
    replied
    I was thinking maybe the first ride out with stainless brake lines might do it also...

    Have you thought about a come-along in the rafters and work on the beast vertical?

    A small frame mode from some 4x4's could sub for the garage rafters.

    I once suspended a 19 foot jet boat in a friends garage by doubling some 2x6's from the floor to the rafters and used the rafters to just control the lateral movement of the 2x6 braces. Used a couple of the heavy yellow nylon tow straps to suspend the boat.

    Wow missed it by that much....

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by greg maz
    doing gear fix, well going to

    as soon as someone gives me an idea of how to flip 600 lbs solo

    not an important thread

    but kind of stuck there
    Hi Greg,
    Try the tech tips section. I recall seeing pictures somewhere of hanging the bike up with a winch /cumalong from the rafters attached to the steering head.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • nubee
    replied
    Flipped

    Some gravel on concrete.. touch the front brake..
    With only one hand

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Some gravel on concrete.. touch the front brake..

    Oops.. you meant in your garage?? Sorry..


    Tod

    Leave a comment:


  • greg maz
    started a topic how do you 1 man flip the beast?

    how do you 1 man flip the beast?

    doing gear fix, well going to

    as soon as someone gives me an idea of how to flip 600 lbs solo

    not an important thread

    but kind of stuck there
Working...