No announcement yet.

what's in your cyclesound pod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With mine, I took off the two post mounting faceplate, then trimmed out the rectangular hole the two halves of the housing make to fit the new stereo.

Then I measured and drille one hole from each side to put a stainless bolt into the side of the stereo.

The two pieces of foam, top and bottom will actually clam(p) the unit in place, but I wanted the two screws for a tiny bit of added security.

One tip. the two lower mounts are two of the windshield bolts. On mine those bolts were plastic, and they broke off after a while.

What I did was drill the holes larger in the upper housing, then used two of those rubber bunkies (the kind that hold the lowers on) and stainless bolts/washers to hold it up.

This way removal of the Cyclesound doesn't require taking it apart. It also adds some rubber mounting to the whole unit.

On a side note, when I mounted the CS properly, it got rid of over half the noise from my fairing on the highway!
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
      Hi Pink,
      put that thing back on e-bay, you don't need no steenkin' noisebox when you are riding. Modern music will send you deaf and the classics will lull you to sleep. Concentrate on where you are going and on the hazards that surround you, the life you save may be your own.
      I'm a truck driver with 20 years experience driving and training drivers. I learned to ride bike in the mid 80's weaving thru 5 lanes of traffic on Houstons loop 610. It was race day every morning. If I can't drive these country roads without falling, I deserve what I get

Comment

Originally posted by pinkelephant View Post
        I'm a truck driver with 20 years experience driving and training drivers. I learned to ride bike in the mid 80's weaving thru 5 lanes of traffic on Houstons loop 610. It was race day every morning. If I can't drive these country roads without falling, I deserve what I get
        Dude, after 20 years on the road you must have by now realized it is more about what the other idiot does than what you do. Ride like your invisible becasue you are, ride like they are aiming to get you, because they might be. If you feel that is lame advice and over the top, well, Darminism is a b&tch.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

I do. I never assume anyone will do what I expect. my main threats out here on two lane farm country roads are deer and idiots pulling in front of me. the stereo will not help or hurt my reactions from that.

Comment

XJ for XS alt??? How to do???

5 W's on the XJ to XS alt.....Is this a good move for my 81 standard? or am i waisting time looking? have converted the tail-light to LED, but left the turn signals the stockers....
            '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
            Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
            4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
            Windjammer(wiring issues)
            SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
            New paint/brakes to come!!
            ===============
            '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
            ===============
            '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
            Stock Pilots/125 mains
            Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
            SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
            LED Brake Lite
            Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Originally posted by TomRodgers View Post
              5 W's on the XJ to XS alt.....Is this a good move for my 81 standard? or am i waisting time looking? have converted the tail-light to LED, but left the turn signals the stockers....
              Supposedly, it raises the amperage from 22 to 26 coming off the alternator. If you have one available, it sounds like a good idea to me. I hope to do it to mine someday. The only drawback is that the XJ one uses brushes that have to be replaced now and again. There have been a few threads recently regarding this concept. Try a search, and you'll find something.
              Last edited by CatatonicBug; 09-11-2009, 02:18 PM.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X