• Show
Clear All

What's left

Carbs and engine
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Original everything except seat and air filter and exhaust.-let me clarify by what i mean by original- never been replaced too many parts to list.I try and find new or used in good condition parts that came stock on the bike.Tank has been replaced,coils,TCI unit,Handlebars,brake lines,and of course tires.I don't think the original exhaust came with the bike.If it did i removed it and put on a lighter 4 into 1 Kerker.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Whats not OEM: Exhaust pipes, hand grips, brake pads, tires, tailightbulbs and air filter. Clutch has been replaced but OEM Yamaha parts were used. OEM Yamaha fairing replaced with Windjammer but the real deal is hanging in the garage. 85 MPH speedo replaced with a "79 vintage, but once again, the real deal is in my box-o-parts. Have yet to replace clutch or throttle cables. Even the replacement fork seals are OEM Yamaha. I am luckier than most and got my bike in turnkey condition from the first owner.

OK, I confess, brake fluid isn't OEM and I run Castrol. Air in the tires is from Speedairs finest and Autolights sparkies fire the fuel. All said, I could have everything but the "wear" items and exhaust pipes back to showroom stock in a 1/2 hour.
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

OEM -
          paint, luggage, rotors, carbs and jets, exhaust, bottom end, gauges, shocks, forks, seat, oil cooler, horns, emblems, airbox, hairy foam filter element, petcocks...

Non OEM -
          dogbone handlebar risers, TKAT forkbrace, braided stainless steel brake lines, top end, tires, handlebar grips, brake pads...

Sitting right now at 101760.1 km (63600 miles) with lots of life left!
          Last edited by Ken Talbot; 07-21-2009, 09:10 PM.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

81xs1100h

My 81 xs11 h is stock (except tires and handlebars). it was garage kept and only had 3300 miles on it. oh yeah, I did just add a 160 mph speedometer. I got the speedometer just for bragging rights but it seems to have really helped the performance ... ever since I put it on, I'm having a real hard time keeping the bike under 75mph. I've already doubled the mileage on it. My next step is a cyclesound stereo pod and a "saddlemen" touring seat:
            http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=6704

Comment

79 special

all original except: both fuel tank petcocks, fuel lines, front brake pads, air filter, mirrors, and a new seat cover.

Still have the OEM exhaust but am running JC Whitney mufflers on an exhaust header I got from Andreas.

Got the bike with 14.5 K miles in non-running state: last three owners had bailed on it after trying to eliminate rough running engine by "fixing the carbs". (Problem was a corroded spark plug wire cap.)

Comment

80G

all stock except wear parts+
                rebuilt top end
                seat (aftermarket)
                SOFCA
                fuseblock
                Trunk (have Vetter, looking for the Venture one)
                handelbar grips

80SG

All stock except wear parts+
                Pipes (MAC)
                Seat (King/Queen)
                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

well I'm the original owner...mostly in stock form with exceptions to carb jetting...aftermarket exh... and pod filters,new tranny gearsets...thicker handgrips,throttle rockit,engine crash bars with hiway pegs..coming soon Stebel Nautilus 139 db air horn with wiring harness and relay...had a windjammer that wasnt orig to the bike but took it off...and dunlop qualifier tars.... Oh forgot to add Tc's modified for my XJ fuse block and those plug in fuses and replaced one of the 2 coils...
                  Last edited by madmax-im; 07-24-2009, 04:56 PM.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Stock????

Gauges, Turn signals, charging system???

Obsessed Motorcycle Mechanic / 29 year Owner of a 78 “E” model
                    Restored 1196cc Turbocharged 211 BHP @ RWL

“Honk if you have never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle”

Comment

Originally posted by JustJeff View Post
                      Wow I like that Red. Would you mind sending me the Color? (the mix - the one the body man uses)
                      Josh Yoquelet -- I'm having dreams of my XS
                      '79 XS11SF "stock"- 4/1 Kerker, T.C.'s fuse block
                      '79 XS11SF "bobber"- Rotted in a pine tree for 10 years
                      '81 Air forks w/23,000 miles
                      New steering head races and bearings
                      '78/'79 standard wire harness
                      Drag bars, w/Mikes controls
                      T.C.'s fuse block
                      PNM Coils
                      7mm Dyna Wires
                      NGK Resistor Caps
                      Custom 1" clutch and 9/16" MC

http://xs11bobber.tripod.com

Comment

holy Sh***t !!!!!

how fast is that thing and how do you manage to get the seat wedged out of your but after a run
                        Originally posted by JustJeff View Post
                        Gauges, Turn signals, charging system???

91 kwaka kz1000p
                        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Paint

Paint is a three stage jaguar red they used about 5 years ago. However, the gold pearl base was a sample sent to my painter by a company that wanted his opinion. My understanding is that it never went into production and isn't available. But I will ask him for the codes.

It is one of the only reds that doesn't at times look either pink or maroon. Even though maroon is not a bad color for a 78 "E".
                          Obsessed Motorcycle Mechanic / 29 year Owner of a 78 “E” model
                          Restored 1196cc Turbocharged 211 BHP @ RWL

“Honk if you have never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle”

Comment

Color

oooooooooooh.. Can I ride it? I'll bet it hauls Glutinous Maximus!!
                            78 XS1100E Standard
                            Coca Cola Red
                            Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
                            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
                            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
                            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Mostly Stocker

Came to me bone stock, I have upgraded the fuse block and combined the aux fuse with the new box. Also eliminated the octy valve. And as of today she sports the 750 FD. Otherwise factory original.
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Well folks i have to tell you that i made a mistake on my stock parts. I found out yesterday that my handlebars are not stock. Evidently when my cous repaired the bike he used forks and parts from something other than a midnight special. That's ok though, i love this bike, and that means that i can mod anything i want, because it is no longer close to stock.
                                1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                                1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                                A quick death and an easy one.
                                A pretty girl and an honest one.
                                A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Working...
                                X