No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying an XJ1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the battery indicator on the LCD is always on because I chose not to replace the original battery with an OEM design...The Yamaha battery with the built in sensor connection was $200 so I always balked at that... so I got a non sensored batt. and the light stays on..no biggie cause I maintain the battery and check it at least twice a year.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'd like to thank you all again for all the valuable info....I went to buy the bike for the "$2200 Firm" that I was quoted and the seller decided he wanted to jack it up to $2500 instead. I could have afforded it....but the ethics of the situation forced me to decline the purchase.

Comment

That was a wise move on your part. I do NOT deal with anyone who decides to change the price UP after an initial talk. You probably could not trust any work he may have performed on the bike, as well.
        Keep looking, you will find the right deal.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

price change

that guy has changed his price a couple times,been watching it. there is a couple other bikes listed in the area on craigs as well. there is one listed in ft collins/loveland for 750 that needs a little love. i found a 79 special listed on craigs a couple mothes ago was able to get for less than half of what they were asking. good luck and happy hunting.
          79 xs11sf
          80 xs11g-bagger
          81 xs11g-project(trike/chop?)
          80 xs400 special(wife's trainer)

Comment

DC, keep your eyes open for a good XS or XJ. I am sure you can find one for considerably less. You won't be sorry.
            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Sorry to hear the guy did you that way, DC. Like Harry said, they're great bikes, and if you find a good one from A REPUTABLE SELLER...
              You'll be glad you got one.

Hang in there and good luck shopping!
              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
              X