One of those days in the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those days in the garage

Today I got off work early and decided that I should tackle a few things on the xs. I already had some of the bike apart to wire up my new gauges so I figured that I would put the new carb holders on. After fighting the airbox and carbs off the bike i figured it was smooth sailing from there. I was wrong The right two came off with no problems but the other two kicked my butt. I snapped two of the bolts one on each holder. I'm glad there wasnt any small children around so i drilled the bolt inserted exstracter and it broke off can it get any worse. after breaking my last drill bit i had to call it a day. after cooling off and putting tools away I look out side of the garage and came to a conclusion that my old dart has put a vodoo spell on the xs since I have been neglecting it and spending all my time tinkering on my bike. I added a pic of the stare down and one of my air filter. it looks like the origanal and something has lived there.
    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/DSCN0058.jpg
    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/DSCN0059.jpg
    1980 Midnight Special Its so fast it blew the gold right off
    mikes xs green monster coils, ss brake lines,
    Previous Bike
    1973 XS650

Man... I can only imagine your frustration. That air fiter is NASTY!! Definitely a nice warm nest in there!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Doesn't that Dart have a cousin named Christine?

You better watch your a$$.
      XS1100SF
      XS1100F

Comment

Working...
      X