lowering the rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering the rear?

Would i need to replace the springs with shorter ones or can i crank down the stock springs? Cause i am collecting parts for the bobber xs11spec and was hoping to find a shorter spring or see if someone knows how to turn the stock ones down. It looks like that have an adjustment on them to compress them is that correct or am i looking at it wrong? Anyways i want to push the wheel closer to the frame and seat area and keep the semi soft ride quality. If anyone knows how to do this or whatever, some info would be extremely helpfull thanks. Josh.
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

You would have to install a set of shocks that are shorter eye to eye than stock . You can find good deals on Ebay lots of 11" to 11.5" for sale that would drop the rear by 1.25" to 1.75" .
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Working...
    X