coil cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil cables

so my from my coil cables, two of the plug connectors (the rubber thing that connects the cable to the plug) are broken, and i accidentally pulled them off while messing with them...do i need new coils? can i just get new plug connectors, do i need a splice thing? not sure what to do lol

and i pulled them out...not unscrewed ( i guess you can do that?)
    Last edited by JC FC; 06-11-2009, 08:45 AM.
    '79 XS1100SF

Those are replacable, the cap ends, they just screw on. NGK makes them. Get 'em from Dennis Kirk or even an auto parts store that's good with foreign parts could get them. Cyls 1-4 use the 90* elbow type, where cyls 2-3 use the 120* elbow type. 5K ohm.
    Last edited by bikerphil; 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

You are still unscrewed!!

IF they the stock connectors, chances are if you look inside where the cable goes you will see a screw in the center. Looks like a sheet metal screw down in there. You porbably just need to cut a small amount off the end of the wire and then push back into the boot while turning the boot so the screw bites into the wire.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

two of the caps are busted...so ill just cut a little bit off the end of the cable (to make sure i have connection) and buy the new caps.

thanks for the help guys!
        '79 XS1100SF

Comment

Working...
        X