No announcement yet.

Bought the bike! Now where to start?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always put it IN the apartment! I know of a few people who have worked on their machines in the front room.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Did you buy that bike in Coeur'de lane?.
      I saw one on craigslist last week for like $400.
      BTW,I have two XS's ,
      .I live over in Shadle.I can stop by and help you assess things if you want.
      Rick
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

yeah i bought it on monday from the guy in CDA. Cool someone who lives near! Yeah if you want to come take a look at it, that would be really helpful. I'm pretty sure I found someone to weld it (professionally that is) I just need to make the supports and tack them on for him.

I'll pm you and we'll get together...

Thanks!

-Rick
        1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

PLEASE DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN DO NOT!!! start a "bobber project" unless you know EXACTLY" what you are doing....just get the bike running and drivable before you get all crazy. there alot of good people here who an help you, start slow and listen .
          1982 XJ1100J MAX ,25.000 miles

Comment

LOL!

Where were you tuesday afternoon! J/K it's my fault! I got way ahead of myself. I thought I had the skills but didn't think it all the way through...

-Rick
            1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

[QUOTE=Clerek;213775]
              Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
              So I may not even have a place to work on my bike, and will have to figure something out...
              Years ago, when I was single and living in my ocean view bachelor suite in Victoria, I went in with 3 or 4 other guys and we rented a bay in a small industrial park a few miles from my apartment. It actually came out pretty cheap that way, and it sure cut down on hassles with my landlady and the other tennants. Might be worthwhile looking around...
              Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
              X