Opinions on customizing a 79 XJ11S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragxs11 View Post
    Welcome Spade. This is an older pic. It was built, in part, to inspire so copy whatever you want. I copied Bob Jones and went further. I'm gonna try to make the rally too, so hopefully I'll see you there with this bikes new 30th birthday look.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Wow, well done man. She looks pretty! Yeah, I'll need to give my baby a good wash down so she can shine half as bright as this beauty.

---------------------------------------------------

1979 XS1100 Special - "Viera"

Comment

Wow, well done man. She looks pretty! Yeah, I'll need to give my baby a good wash down so she can shine half as bright as this beauty.
      Yeah, He has one NICE bike! Even at it's "dirtiest" it still outshines anything I've got! I REALLY liked the tail lights, though. Wait till you see them, if he hasn't changed them out.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey Ray!!
        Nope, I made the tail light better tho. I built a regulator circuit to keep it from flickering at idle. Also reduced the load from 2-3amps down to about 700 milliamps. The stators on these bikes can use any relief they can get. If you've checked facebook lately, you may have already seen the bike as it is now.
        matt
        1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
        1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
        1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
        2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
        2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Working...
        X