accessory fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessory fuse

Does anyone use it on their XS?I have never used mine before.Also on the fuse block metal holder-there is a tab for what looks like a wire can be hooked up to it.Anyone ever notice this?I saw it yesterday when i was looking at the connections behind the fuse block.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

I use them on both my Spec. and Standard. I have a wire from the pos. to a bolt mounted to the plastic rear fender well. This provides a 12V accessory terminal for my mini air compressor which I carry with me.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

The recent horn thread showed several of "US" using the AUX terminals for extra loud horns, or AUX lights, etc.! I rewired mine THRU the ATCO fuseblock so that I had the solid fuse for it as well as the regular fused circuits!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

That'll be my plan as well. I hope to eventually set up an accessory jack for things like a GPS or phone charger. I just need to get around to ordering the fuse block from TC.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
          That'll be my plan as well. I hope to eventually set up an accessory jack for things like a GPS or phone charger. I just need to get around to ordering the fuse block from TC.
          Speaking of which, anyone see a good waterproof one of these anywhere ( accy jack)?
          XS1100SF
          XS1100F

Comment

phone charger,,,

Carefull, they suck alot more juice than you would think. I say screw the phone.
            80special w/79special motor.Never ride faster than your angel can fly!!

Comment

Working...
            X