Octapus help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octapus help

well I'am putting the carbs back on the 81 and leaving off the oct. i guess the vac adv. hose goes back to carb #2, do i block off boot 2 vac nipple ? going to use both petcocks with filters what should i plug the prime nipple with? maybe a piece of gas line with a bolt and gasket sealer? i don't want to wreck the petcock or is there a better way?

Originally posted by brokenarrow View Post
    well I'am putting the carbs back on the 81 and leaving off the oct. i guess the vac adv. hose goes back to carb #2, do i block off boot 2 vac nipple ?Yes. going to use both petcocks with filters what should i plug the prime nipple with? Get some neoprene caps from NAPA or something. maybe a piece of gas line with a bolt and gasket sealer? i don't want to wreck the petcock or is there a better way?
    No worries.
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by brokenarrow View Post
      well I'am putting the carbs back on the 81 and leaving off the oct. i guess the vac adv. hose goes back to carb #2, do i block off boot 2 vac nipple ?
      Yep, as stated.

going to use both petcocks with filters what should i plug the prime nipple with? maybe a piece of gas line with a bolt and gasket sealer?
      Minus the gasket sealer, this is what I did. Unless you actually turn your petcocks to prime position (which you will have no reason to do) there is nothing to leak anyway.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

A second way is to run a fuel line between the two petcocks, front to front. This is what I have done with Special Ed's bike, and he has NO problems with it. Leave just a little extra on the line, and you can lift the tank a little without removing it.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

It's alive!!!

1st of all thank you for all the help she fired right right up! just have to paint the tank & side covers and if it stops raining on the road for test run and fine tuneing

Comment

I've had standard vacuum caps on mine since last year; no problems at all.
            I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
            3J6 003509
            Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
            Fuse Block Upgrade
            Mike's XS Green Coils
            Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

Eric,

You may want to watch those vac caps. If they are not fuel rated and you accidentally move the petcock to prime and get fuel in there, they can shrivel up and crack.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
              X