No announcement yet.

Fuel Carb "T"'s...CAN'T FIND THEM?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!!! Thank you sooooo much!! I too hope they will work. I'll compare them with the one's I have, and if they are not the rights ones, I will most definately send them back. Again, Thank You!
    Mike

Comment

They're in the mail.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks dbeardslee!!!

QRFan, you said you also had some...is that correct??? It sounds like I still may be in need of two more.?.???

Comment

orings need to be petroleum proof. Neoprene is not the stuff. Nitryl-butyl rubber, (aka "nitryl rubber") is the oring material that you need, but I suspect they are almost all made of that now.
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Thanks Doug for the T's! I received them on Monday. They look to be alittle longer than I remember mine being. It's been a few months since I had the carb off the bike. I should be able to tear into it in about 2 weeks. Schedule looks extremely busy right now. I'll let you know as soon as I get mine out if they work or not! If they are not the right size...I'll send them back!

Thanks again to everyone who commented on this thread, you've all been a huge help~!
            Mike

Comment

Bummer Dude.

Doug, I had a chance to get the carb off tonight, and the T's that you sent me are too big. The T's you sent me are approx. 1 1/2" across the top of the T, and 1 5/16" from top to bottom.

My T's (all four of them) are only 1" across the top of the T, and 1 1/16" from top to bottom.

Two of mine are in "decent" shape...good enough for the top "vent" T's, so I still just need to find two for the fuel lines.

QRFan, do you have the size T's I need??

Doug, please send me your address, and I'll get yours sent back to you. Thanks again for trying!!!!

Mike
              <><

Comment

Mike - Never hurts to try. It may be a few days before you hear from QRfan. She's mentioned in the SWOXS social group that she was going to Seattle, and wouldn't be back 'till monday - just so you know.

I'll PM you my address.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

mbazzle, I'm about 15 miles away, hwy 57 & 66. Let me know if you need some help.
                  79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
                  79 SF parts bike.

Comment

I have a set of 78 carbs apart and the T s are 1 & 1/2 across at the carb ports.
                    79SF
                    XJ11
                    78E

Comment

I am sure they are for the fuel because they still have a hose and inline filter hooked to them.
                      79SF
                      XJ11
                      78E

Comment

SFerinTX, are you in need of those T's, or are you willing to part with them?! ???

Also, Red Bandit, I might just take you up on that!!!! I need help setting the float heights. Is that something you know how to do?

Mike

Comment

mbazzle, I've done many of these carbs. I can help you with the float height and I have gauges to help you sync/tune them too.
                          79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
                          79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Sorry , thats a back burner project I intend to finish on a 78e I picked up a while back. What about the ones you got from doug ? I will probably have to improvise a little myself when the time comes cause the ones I have are in pretty bad shape.Not gonna worry about it till I need to. Good Luck to you.
                            79SF
                            XJ11
                            78E

Comment

Doug, I dropped your T's in the mail today so you should have them back by the weekend. Thanks again.

SF~ Thanks for the info anyway! Good luck with rebuilding yours!

Red Bandit, YOU ROCK!!! I leave for Wash. DC tomorrow, but I'll be in touch with you soon! I'd LOVE to get this ol girl on the road! I've already put so much into it, I can't bare the thought of giving up now! Thanks again for your offer to help, Lord knows I need it!

Comment

Mike - Got 'em in the mail today. Thanks for sending them back. I was trying to determine from this thread - did you find the right tees or are you still looking?

Comment

Working...
                                X