No announcement yet.

Fuel Carb "T"'s...CAN'T FIND THEM?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Carb "T"'s...CAN'T FIND THEM?!!!!

I have a 78 XS 1100 and I need the "T"s the allow the fuel to go into the carbs. There are actually 4 T's, two of them for the fuel, and I'm not 100% sure where the other two "T's" are supposed to be connected to. I've been told they connect to the airbox...but I don't see where they hook up. Anybody know where I can get 4 of those T's? Even if I could just get two of them, that would be better than nothing. Please reply, or email me at: bazzles@aol.com. Thanks!
    Mike

What year is your XS?

I assume 78 or 79 as teh 80-81 only have two tees.

The lower 2 tees go to the fuel system, either petcocks (std) or Octopus (special).

The other 2 go to the air box as they are breather tubes for the float bowls.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

If you're saying you need to buy some tees, I think the mikes xs Part #48-0884 are a replacement, but I wouldn't swear to it. Says they replace the plastic covered pot metal originals on Mikuni 34mm carbs, so...
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Hey Mbazzle,

Take a look at this thread on Carb Tees, you may find some good info on being able to resurrect/recondition your old ones!

ALso, some times folks get the early bikes with some frankenbike parts put on them, like a newer airbox from the 80-81 series, and they either don't have the little nipples on them, or they are PLUGGED and so they don't actually provide a vent affect. There should be some 1/4" diam. nipples on the front of the airbox for the carb vents. But otherwise you can run the tubes from both pairs of carbs to a "T" fitting with a little air fuel/air filter on the end,just make sure that they ARE VENTED!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks for the information on the T's. The one on Mike's webpage doesn't look anything like what I currently have. ???? I'm alittle leary about spending $60 on something that "may" work.??? Is there any way of finding out for sure?

Thanks for all your input! I am looking to buy some...unless someone has 4 of them just "laying" around!

As far as having the top T's "Vented"...does it actually have to have a filtered hose on it if they don't attach to the airbox? Or can they just have the "T" attached and then left opened from the end of the T?

Comment

As far as having the top T's "Vented"...does it actually have to have a filtered hose on it if they don't attach to the airbox? Or can they just have the "T" attached and then left opened from the end of the T?
            The problem with just "leaving them open" is the bugs that like dark holes to hide in. If you get a spider down one vent, and he spins a web, it CAN block the airflow, and cause you to start flooding!
            A short line and a fuel filter on the end of it is CHEAP insurance.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Lords - I have two of them in my hot little hands. They're sans o-rings - not sure what size but make sure you don't use rubber. I believe neoprene is the substance of choice where gas is involved. PM me your address, and they're yours. Don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with. Guess I needed $60 worth of motivation. Usually I'm really price conscious, but I never even looked at the price. Talk about robbery!

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Ts

Are the Ts for your bike the same as the ones on the 79sf?
                It's just me at the edge..........waving

Comment

The '78 and '79 use the same "T"s. The difference is the fuel "T" is LONGER than the vent "T".
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thx

I'm pretty sure I have those Ts as well but looks like Doug's got him fixed up.
                    It's just me at the edge..........waving

Comment

Bazz, you can use viton orings from the autoparts store for fuel injectors to equip your new tees.I can send you a couple if you want.

if you are getting tees from db send me your old ones and I will fix them for the next guy.

Dale Nadeau
                      aka Texas Rookie
                      10822 Dunbrook
                      Houston, TX 77070
                      Texas Rookie - NW Houston
                      79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
                      04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
                      2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
                      newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Comment

Wow!!!

Wow, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how to "PM" anyone, so I'll just post my address here:

Mike Bazzle
                        14313 Belding Rd. NE
                        Belding, MI 48809

This is my very first bike, and I've been working on it for two years now. I bought a Suzuki 850 GL from my father in law last summer...just to get me by until I get my XS running.

My current "T's" are pretty shot. I tried cutting the rubber back and tried fitting "O" rings on it from the auto store, but they still leaked lots of gas. Do the top air vent T's need to be sealed tight as well? Or can I just get by with the two new one's from DB? Also, you mentioned something about getting neoprene????? I'm not a mechanic, and this is all new to me! I did rebuild the carb myself (which I'm rather proud of), thanks to most of you on here! I read LOTS of threads about how to rebuild it and I just need to get my explosive liquid from pouring out of the T's so that I can find out if I did it correctly or not!!!!

Thanks again you guys! I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures one of these days!

Comment

The tees I've got came out of an 80 or 81 set of carbs. Wendi, your services may be needed as it appears these will be too short for 78 & 79. Then again, maybe they're the right size for the vent - that's what we're talking about, right? Anybody know for sure?
                          Last edited by dbeardslee; 04-08-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

To send someone a private message just click on their name in the upper left hand corner of their post and then click "send a private message to *insert name here*".
                            Dave
                            1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Mike - I went back through and reread the thread. Looks like you need four tees, and if I understood Ray correctly you need two long ones and two short ones. I'm somewhat confused though, cause when I went to the yamaha parts fiche it shows the same part number for upper and lower for the 78's (2h7-14988-00-00). The 79's show this same tee on the top, but a different one on the bottom (1J7-14988-00-00) The The ones I have are 37mm wide at the tee. They came out of 80 or 81 carbs (3H3-14988-00). Couldn't find any info on the width of the tees - description just says nipple. Hopefully they'll work. I'll drop them in the mail to you today, but your going to need two more. Your not that awful far away, so they should be there by Saturday, or Monday at the latest. If they don't work just send 'em back and I'll put 'em back into inventory.
                              Last edited by dbeardslee; 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X