No announcement yet.

Awesome ebay find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ya'll buy these I'd be happy to send pics and measurments so you can modify brackets to fit xs11... the 750 brackets probably need to be extended and have different attachment points... You can use mine as a pattern...
    When the horse is dead, dismount.

Bagapotomus - '80G Attempted Rescue, '78 Engine, Vetter Bags and Trunk.

Comment

$145 to ship to me, thats more than I wanted to give to start with. lol

Here's the link to the new auction:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...1%7C240%3A1318

what softbags has anyone used, thats what im really looking for
      '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

BarnFresh: Thanks, but I have a bracket to mount the fairing,
        Yeah, it from my huge Yamaha fairing....but I can alter if needed...

I also have hard bags on my SG, and if The one who speaks for the trees
        needs I can let him borrow mine for measurements..............

Very generous offer tho'
        1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
        "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
        My Photo Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by andysutt View Post
          what softbags has anyone used, thats what im really looking for
          Well, I just won these for $16 plus shipping. NOS soft bags, and they look like they'll fit quite nicely.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
            I estimated shipping to Kansas City. $143. Ouch
            Think that's scary, in his new ad, the shipping calc shows shipping to me, $140.26....45 miles away......
            "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
            My Photo Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              Well, I just won these for $16 plus shipping. NOS soft bags, and they look like they'll fit quite nicely.
              Not bad at all.

The huge set I got, fits if I dont take a passenger but are throw over, it wont go under the seat and let the seat bolt down due to the leather being in the way.

Let me know how those fit. I'm looking at a few on ebay but skeptical

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220386917841
              '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by andysutt View Post
                The huge set I got, fits if I dont take a passenger but are throw over, it wont go under the seat and let the seat bolt down due to the leather being in the way.

Let me know how those fit. I'm looking at a few on ebay but skeptical

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220386917841
                Those should definitely fit. As long as they're less than 11" tall and 11" wide, they should have no problem fitting behind the rear pegs and in front of the rear turn signals (according to my measurements anyway). With the ones you have, you can always cut a hole in the leather to allow them to sit under the seat.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by renegade_xs11g View Post
                  Think that's scary, in his new ad, the shipping calc shows shipping to me, $140.26....45 miles away......
                  To Ca it's something like $170. Kinda puts it out of reach, particularly since the only part of it I actually need is the trunk, I have everything else.
                  Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                  Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                  Vetter Windjammer IV
                  Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                  OEM Luggage Rack
                  Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                  Spade Fuse Box
                  Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                  750 FD Mod
                  TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                  XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                  XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                    Those should definitely fit. As long as they're less than 11" tall and 11" wide, they should have no problem fitting behind the rear pegs and in front of the rear turn signals (according to my measurements anyway). With the ones you have, you can always cut a hole in the leather to allow them to sit under the seat.

The ones i bought were 2 big to start with, I didnt like the look on the bike.
                    I didnt want to cut them up either and still be unhappy.

My turn signals are moved back about 2 inches due to the rack/sissybar I have on the bike.

I'll keep an eye on those bags and maybe buy them
                    '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Well, I put in a bid, was going to increase, but it's up over 75.00, I could go higher, but I'm just a shade short of funds at this time. so I'm going to have to let this one go. too bad really, would have liked to get those, oh well, keep looking, maybe I'll find something for what I'm willing to pay.....albeit not much have a nice day and ride safe
                      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lorax View Post
                        Well, I put in a bid, was going to increase, but it's up over 75.00, I could go higher, but I'm just a shade short of funds at this time. so I'm going to have to let this one go. too bad really, would have liked to get those, oh well, keep looking, maybe I'll find something for what I'm willing to pay.....albeit not much have a nice day and ride safe
                        Don't blame you, I have a Memphis Shades Windshield on it now,
                        just like to have a fairing again, for our longer rides.
                        The Yamaha fairing I have needs 3 cracks fixed and a windsheild, oh and wiring, and lock covers. Not to mention PAINT, but then so does the tank.
                        My Photo Bucket

Comment

The 2 problems with Vetter bags is that one they don't hold much. The other is they were designed to ride high and they always seem to interfere with the passenger's seating space.

Both of my bikes came with these but only my Wing has the trunk. Since my 79 Standard is my solo bike, I'll leave them on but I can't wait to sell off the ones on my wing.

Geezer
                          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                          X