Awesome ebay find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome ebay find

Im not sure if this would fit a xs11, still learning all that info, but it'd be good for someone that could pick it up if they had a 750

Id definately buy it if would fit a xs11 and they would ship it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...Q5fAccessories
    '80 XS 1100 Standard

good find,Andy. if you don't want it I do. Been looking for a set of bags/trunk for a while now and can modify brackets if necessary.

Texas Rookie
    Texas Rookie - NW Houston
    79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
    04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
    2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
    newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Comment

Originally posted by andysutt View Post
      Im not sure if this would fit a xs11, still learning all that info, but it'd be good for someone that could pick it up if they had a 750

Id definately buy it if would fit a xs11 and they would ship it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...Q5fAccessories
      You would need to modify or locate XS11 brackets but they would otherwise fit. It sucks cause I would love the bags and trunk but have no use for the rest. Oh well, since it's pickup only it doesn't matter, I'm not anywhere in the vicinity.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Same here... 13 hour drive for me.

I would like to have the bags also, dont really care to much for the front pieces, but I'd use them I guess
        '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Yes, the "Pickup Only" kills it for a lot of people. Can understand, this stuff is a PIA to pack and ship.

Looks like a Pacifico fairing with Vetter bags and trunk. The fairing bracket won't fit the 11, I would guess, but the Vetter parts are interchangeable between frames, so good for replacements or modify the frames to fit the 11.

I think I have a Pacifico bracket for an XS 11; if someone gets this unit PM me and I'll check. Always wanted to try a Pacifico, never came across one locally at a reasonable price.

Just watch, I'll sell the bracket and 2 or 3 Pacificos will show up in my town....
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I have a set of bags, trunk and fairing like that I took off a Virago I'm redoing.My fairing is different I think though,I'd have to go out and check.If anyone would be interested in it,let me know,I'll send pics.I wonder how much it would cost to ship though,may not be worth it.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Nice looking touring set, about 3 hours from my place, I'll have to watch this one. already have a fairing, but the bags and trunk could be workable. I can't decide if I'm going to bid or not, but I'm definitely thinking about it, of course, I'm a cheap SOB so if it get even remotely expensive, I'll end up passing on it.
              I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

lmao, your exactly like me.

Id bid on them, but damn thats a long drive. Id have to get them dang cheap anyways
                '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

I don't mind the drive at all, in fact I think the place is about a half hour from one of my customer sites, maybe less, I'm just cheap, real cheap, I picked up a frame mounted fairing off the bay a few months ago for thirty bucks and made a detour from a trip to detroit (item was in cleveland) to pick it up. I didn't have an umbilical cord for the fairing so I went to radio shack to get some connectors and made one, about a week later, I saw one somewhere relatively inexpensively. I will watch the auction, but probably not bid until I either decide what I'm willing to pay for the whole rig or what I can get it for. I don't buy alot of stuff off the bay, but (according to the spouse) more than I should. anywho, we'll see how much it goes for and whether or not I'm willing to part with the Jack.... we'll see. have a nice day and ride safe

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lorax View Post
                    Nice looking touring set, about 3 hours from my place, I'll have to watch this one. already have a fairing, but the bags and trunk could be workable. I can't decide if I'm going to bid or not, but I'm definitely thinking about it, of course, I'm a cheap SOB so if it get even remotely expensive, I'll end up passing on it.
                    Keep this in mind when bidding....I'd be interested in the fairing....I'm 43 miles away, I live in horton, MI.....I drive a semi for a living and could pick them up....I get into OHIO a lot......I'm NOT a Michigan fan, I know how much you Buckeyes hate the Wolverines
                    1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
                    "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
                    My Photo Bucket

Comment

These are exactly like the set installed on the '80G I bought last week. They were installed by the Denver Yamaha dealer 29 years ago. The mounting bracket for the bags wraps around the back and is very sturdy. The fiberglass bags have a key lock and a leather carry handle to unsnap the bags easily and carry them inside... The trunk is big enough to store a helmet and has four 3" taillights accross the back. The round headlight is part of the fairing with an easy to reach up and down adjuster behind the windscreen. The dealer wrapped the original headlight and turn signal connectors in a rubber boot and added an extention that plugs into the fairing's left side. The original square headlight and turnsignals were removed. Try and get the wiring harness with plugs for head and tail if possible. The PO said he spent about $900 on the set in 1980. I'm going to paint mine to match the tank and covers...
                      When the horse is dead, dismount.

Bagapotomus - '80G Attempted Rescue, '78 Engine, Vetter Bags and Trunk.

Comment

Renegade, I haven't bid on them as yet, but if and when I do, may haps we can work something out, I'll be keeping and eye on this item, If I bid (I'll let you know one way or the other) We'll have to talk a little business. this Item is looking better all the time

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

He'll ship it now...

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          Yes, the "Pickup Only" kills it for a lot of people. Can understand, this stuff is a PIA to pack and ship.

Looks like a Pacifico fairing with Vetter bags and trunk. The fairing bracket won't fit the 11, I would guess, but the Vetter parts are interchangeable between frames, so good for replacements or modify the frames to fit the 11.

I think I have a Pacifico bracket for an XS 11; if someone gets this unit PM me and I'll check. Always wanted to try a Pacifico, never came across one locally at a reasonable price.

Just watch, I'll sell the bracket and 2 or 3 Pacificos will show up in my town....
                          He changed the listing. He is now willing to ship it.
                          Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
                          1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
                          23mm float height
                          120 main jets
                          42.5 pilot jets
                          drilled stock airbox with K&N
                          Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
                          spade fusebox
                          1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

I estimated shipping to Kansas City. $143. Ouch
                            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                            '82 XJ1100
                            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by The Lorax View Post
                              Renegade, I haven't bid on them as yet, but if and when I do, may haps we can work something out, I'll be keeping and eye on this item, If I bid (I'll let you know one way or the other) We'll have to talk a little business. this Item is looking better all the time

If you do decide to bid PM me, we'll work something out,
                              I just got back from London, Oh a few minutes ago.....
                              1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
                              "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
                              My Photo Bucket

Comment

Working...
                              X