Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starts when sunny but don't when cloudy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all that have posted. I have a good idea where to start.

Comment

Betsy was giving me similar trouble several months ago. Just refused to start if it was cold. I could point a little space heater at the motor, and after about fifteen minutes she'd fire up. The enricher didn't seem to be working at all. I had some small fuel filters on the ends of the carb vent lines (pod filters), and evidently they were partially blocked. Took 'em off and all of a sudden she would start no matter how cold it got and the enricher worked again. Now on the first start of the day I always use the choke, hit the starter without applying any throttle, and she'll fire right up.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I beleive i have found the problem. I took the seat off. Took the gas tank off. Then I removed the cover to the Pick-up coil and moved the wires. Then tried to start the bike. The bike started at this point. I did try to start the bike before I removed everything but it didn't start or fire.

Comment

Working...
        X