Official Call For Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfpaws View Post
    I can't keep trying to fix things and having other things break, and I'm starting to think what's wrong with the bike is me. I need someone that actually knows what they're doing to work on it, instead of me trying to do it myself.
    Ha, ha , ha. I think you have tapped into the voices in my head. Hang in there buddy, these guys will get you fixed up. All your work and toil will make the bike that much better to ride, when it finally happens.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

due to previous commitments, namely a cambodian baby shower
      What kind of pervert wants to see a baby take a shower? Do they make the same big deal out of it if it only takes a bath?

If they made a big deal out of bathing for a lot of people here in Oklahoma, they'd only get one or two parties a year by the smell of some of them in Walmart... and I think they maybe brush teir TOOTH every other bathing time.

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
        What kind of pervert wants to see a baby take a shower? Do they make the same big deal out of it if it only takes a bath?

If they made a big deal out of bathing for a lot of people here in Oklahoma, they'd only get one or two parties a year by the smell of some of them in Walmart... and I think they maybe brush teir TOOTH every other bathing time.

Tod
        Well Tod, if you have spent much time working around the "asian hillbillies" you understand they dont need an excuse to invite all their friends over to eat, drink, eat, eat and drink. WHen they actually do have a reason, it is an all out affair. I ma not sure about the whole watching the baby take a shower thing. I think its more of a way to bribe people into babysitting at a future time, some what like taking a "favor" from the mafia.

Also I always figured the toothbrush was invented in Oklahoma, or it would have been called a teethbrush. Me, I am a Nebraska native, There we dont use toothbrushes. We chew on corn tassels and wheat heads, or just grab a piece of tree bark. Nothing to attract the ladies like cedar scented breath.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Must be where these guys come from....

[IMG][/IMG]
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Wolfpaws,

Looks like I am on for Friday evening, if you still want some help.

Let me know. You might PM me a number and address too. I think KC is bigenough that I couldn't just drive around until I find an XS11.

Comment

Well, I think we got most of the items taken care of on this bike. (I say we but Ivan did all the work, all we did was stand around, talk, and drink a few).
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Awesome to hear, another 11 ready to roll out!
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Everything's running great now! Thanks guys!

Just need a replacement speedo now since the needle snapped off - I'm pretty sure it was the unit causing the whining - it worked okay during my ride yesterday at first, then started going beserk and the needle went kaput.

No worries - I'm just gonna follow the speed of traffic right now anyway until I get a replacement one to bolt on.
                  1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

Sounds great!

If the speedo doesn't work.. you can't possibly speed, right? That's one good thing about the XJ over the XS. We don't get as expensive speeding tickets since our bikes will only do 85...

Tod
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey Wolf,

Look in the tech tips, mods, you'll find one about putting a 160mph speedo in the Maxims cluster, could be helpful in sourcing a replacement OTHER than another XJ speedo!
                      T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpaws View Post
                        - - - Just need a replacement speedo now since the needle snapped off - I'm pretty sure it was the unit causing the whining - it worked okay during my ride yesterday at first, then started going berserk and the needle went kaput. No worries - I'm just gonna follow the speed of traffic right now anyway until I get a replacement one to bolt on.
                        Hi Wolfie,
                        what the ton-up boys used to do besides putting minimal fenders and bicycle lights on their racing bikes to ride them on the street was to paint lines on their tach glass at the rpms in high gear that equated to town and highway speed limits.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

FYI, I figured out yesterday on my 81SH that in 5th gear 4K RPM is about 55 MPH and 5K RPM is about 70 MPH. MY bike won't go more than 85 either.
                          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                          93 GSX600F
                          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                          81 XS1100 Special
                          81 CB750 C
                          80 CB750 C
                          78 XS750

Comment

I think the only thing left when we wrapped it up was the fuse block.

Sorry to hear about the speedo. I wish I had another one around here.

From what I understand, speedos from about any XS series bike will work, but don't quote me on that.

Keep working on it, it is a nice clean bike, and should last you quite a while. Just keep it oiled and feed it a steady diet of Harleys.

Comment

speedo

hey i put a bicycle computer on mine. say what? bell f20 model ,16$ walmart .measures miles.miles per hour.clock.back light,calories burn ,all sorts of stuff. its all right upto 75mph then it slows down a bit.the vibration throws it off. just on there till i get me real speedo.handy for town speeds.
                              1978e. special forks.she's a frankinstien.a bit of this a bit of that.its a monster

Comment

I'm looking for a 140 mph or a 160 mph speedo, if/when I get it you're welcome to have my old 85 mph speedo for nothing Wolfpaws.
                                1980 XS11SG
                                Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                                Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                                ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Working...
                                X