No announcement yet.

Relacement Guage Set ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other possible concept, they feel they have a limited parts supply, like we do for the 11s in some aspects, and are a 650 specialty dealer. So, selling their precious 650 parts to other models will lead to someone with a 650 not having parts when they need them and possibly the demise of a 650.

Just a concept of why the behavior. Like Bug stated, others have indicated they are like the parts Nazzis (picture Seinfeld Episode, "No Parts for you!") once they know you are using them for an 11, won't sell them. Seen others suggest when buying jets for an 11, tell them you have two 650s.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

I don't know what the deal is, because I've ordered parts from them a few times, never had to tell them they were for a 650 or not, just placed the order thru their Web system!? So...don't bother ordering or talking to them via emails. The Guy..Mike has said that he's TIRED, and doesn't want to bother with the XS11 crowd, but they don't know anything about who's ordering for what from their web ordering system!?

Walker, for the price you really can't beat the quality despite the seller's personality. I'd rather pay that price than what you quoted for USED locally!!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        Walker, for the price you really can't beat the quality despite the seller's personality. I'd rather pay that price than what you quoted for USED locally!!
        T.C.
        Except,..... That a 1.9 inch speedo at $49.00, a 1.9 inch Tach at $69.00 and two handlerbar brackets for $20.00 adds up to $138.00. Add to that $24.83 for postage which brings the tally up to $162.82, which is good value for money untill..... you convert it to NZ dollars at todays exchange rate and then it becomes $321.75.

That makes a used one for $250.00 NZD look a little more attractive.

2 months ago the exchange rate between US and NZD was .76, today it's .48. Talk about "a day late and a dollar short"

Not entirely sure which way I'll go at the moment, It's going to be 2 or 3 months before I'm riding again so maybe I'll hold out (and pray) for a quick end to the recession and hope that the exchange rate improves again.
        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
        X