When is the Central Texas Carb Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the Central Texas Carb Clinic

Say Doc Noland please tell me when the Central Texas Carb Clinic will be held. some of my friends want to know and plan for.
    Dell82
    Dell82
    Houston, TX
    82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
    SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Intriguing. What is the “Central Texas Carb Clinic”? I Googled it but the site is blocked by my ISP at work.
    1980 XS1100LG daily ride
    1980 XS1100LG in resto
    1978 GT80 kidz bike
    1970 YZ 175 fun bike
    2005 VTX1800F - down

Comment

WTexasRN Dr. Noland hosted a CTCC last year at the same time as the Talemina ride. I chose the ride but this year it is supposed to be in May, I think. Awaiting for someone to chime in with the particulars. It is held at his ranch in Wader, central Texas. That is about equal distance from Houston, San Antonio and Austin.
      Dell82
      Dell82
      Houston, TX

Comment

I, also, am very curious about the CTCC.

Dell give me a holler in houston some time (7) 498-2998

TexasRookie
        Texas Rookie - NW Houston
        79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
        04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
        2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
        newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Comment

Central Texas Carb Clinic

The Central Texas Carb Clinic will be May 30-31, 2009 at Bluff Creek Ranch, Warda, TX www.bcrwarda.com

I will be arriving Friday evening May 29. The ranch has sleeping accommadation of cots in the "Bunk House" with is the large loft in the barn with screening tents about the cots. There is camping, fishing, swimming, hiking and mountain biking available at the ranch. The ranch has all the basic mechanic tools but none of the specialty tools for the toon ups. Several of the "Tuners" who will be coming will provided the tuning tools. If you have some bring them on down.

I will be bringing down my 1982 XJ750RJ (Sweet Scarlet) and my brother will have the 1979 XS1100 Special there.

This is what I have so far

Tuners:
          Al Russ
          Gary Schulte
          Jeff Covington

Comers:
          Lee Kehoan
          Michael Hatfield
          Dell K
          Tom Sedgwick
          James “Neal” Pipes

Hosts:
          Paul Nolan
          Damon Nolan

Now for the details regarding having the CTCC at the ranch: The ranch has a day use and camping fee (see web site) and will charge usual fees. For those individuals who bring down the tuning tools and do the main tuning/teaching, I will cover their ranch fees (call it sweat equity). The ranch will have its usual fair of longhorn burgers and steaks for sale (see web site) and I will cook up a longhorn brisket and Ranch House Rolls, Ranch House Beans and have a side of veggies and Cowboy Cookies for desert. To cover the cost of the Bar-B-Que BEEVO, the price will be $8.00. The ranch does not have a liquor license but you are welcome to BYOB just keep it sober. All the amenities and fun things to do at the ranch listed on the Web Site are available. If it is warm enough and for those who feel crazy enough, we even have a bicycle that can be ridden off a jumping ramp and splash down into "Turkey Tank" the largest pond at the ranch (you land in about 8 ft of water). There is great fishing in the two largest ponds, Turkey Tank and Dear Park, (Bass, Catfish and Blue Gill) with no license required and is included with the day use/camping fee.

The ranch will have a full set of metric tools (sockets, box wrenches, allen keys), high and low torque wrenches, bearing pullers, c-ring spanner tools, and healthy assortment of bicycle tools that can come in handy with motorbikes. There are two well shaded, concrete floored areas in the barn runway and the carport (two full size pickups park in it) with good ventilation for tuning. There will be fans for the airheads to keep them cool while tuning. There is also a large concrete parking pad where we can put up canopies (plenty on hand at the ranch) if additional shade is needed for working areas.

There are several great roads ride in the area and I will have maps with different options highlighted for those who want to do some cruising after tuning.

For reservations email the ranch at bcrwarda@gmail.com or call the ranch (979) 242-5894. My brother Damon manages the ranch for the family and you will be speaking with him or his son.

Please give me a count of who is coming and if who is going to have
          Bar-B-Que so I can cook up plenty of chuck. You can use the ranch email
          at bcrwarda at gmail dot com .

Thanks,

Paul K. Nolan, MD
          Amarillo, TX
          The Bike Doc
          1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Sweet Scarlet" http://tinyurl.com/5lnc2c
          1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Gray Ghost" http://tinyurl.com/5k3ck7
          1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Bones" (to be stripped to the bones) http://tinyurl.com/c8vya6

Comment

Central Texas Carb Clinic Update

Central Texas Carb Clinic May 30-31, 2009
            The Central Texas Carb Clinic will be May 30-31, 2009 at Bluff Creek Ranch, Warda, TX www.bcrwarda.com

I will be arriving Friday evening May 29. I plan to leave Amarillo on Thursday May 28 and split the ride up into two days. Anyone from the Wild West who wants to join up with me on the road, I will welcome the company. Just let me know and we will coordinate a meeting point. I will be riding down my 1982 XJ750RJ “Sweet Scarlet”, a friend will be riding down my 1982 XJ750RJ “Gray Ghost” and my brother will have his 1979 XS1100 Special waiting at the ranch.

The ranch has sleeping accommodations of cots in the "Bunk House" which is the large loft in the barn with screening tents about the cots. There are showers at the ranch for the visitors. There is camping, fishing, swimming, hiking and mountain biking available at the ranch. The ranch has all the basic mechanic tools but none of the specialty tools for the tune ups. Several of the "Tuners" who will be coming will provided the tuning tools. If you have tuning tools bring them on down.

This is the updated list to date:

Tuners:
            Al Russ?
            Gary Schulte
            Dell Klotz (18" right angle screw driver, aux fuel tank with two hoses)
            Dewayne P. Blanco
            Rex Smith

Comers:
            Michael Hatfield
            Lee Kehoan (Carbtune 2, 14mm Colortune, and a blanking tool)
            Tom Sedgwick
            James “Neal” Pipes
            Kevin Hunter
            Jim of Colorado?
            Raylynn Knight?

Hosts:
            Damon Nolan
            Paul Nolan (YICS tool, colortune [courtesy of Jeff Covington AKA Drive Shaft], shim pool, shim tool, full set of metric tools, sockets, box wrenches, allen keys, high and low torque wrenches, bearing pullers, c-ring spanner tools, and healthy assortment of bicycle tools)

Tuners: Please fill in the list of tools you will be bringing down so we can see what we have in and what we may be deficient in.

DOOR PRIZES: XJ4Ever Spin on oil filter adaptor with Amsoil filter (x 1) fits XJ650s & 750s
            JIS screw Phillips screw driver set x 1 (for those ornery JIS Phillip head carburetor screws)
            Fuel filter with 90 degree elbow x 2

10% DISCOUNT on PREODERED parts & tools from Len Chacal through his XJ4Ever business. The parts must be ordered through me with a single bulk order. Go to http://tinyurl.com/oaa32f for a detailed listing of the parts and tools available. If you have any questions regarding parts or tools contact Len Chacal at info@xj4ever.com where he will be quick to answer your questions. This would be a great time to pick up some tuning tools you wanted to add to your tool box and get them at 10% off! You will not get the discount if you order separately from Len, the discount only applies to items made with the bulk order for the CTCC. The items will be shipped to the ranch and will be waiting for you when you arrive. There will be no additional shipping charges attached so the 10% discount is the real deal, no hidden costs. I will be placing the order on Monday 5/11/2009 so get your order request by part number and quantity to me by Monday 12:00Noon Central Daylight Time at paul dot nolan at ttuhsc dot edu. You will pay for the order at the CTCC with cash or check.

The ranch has a day use and camping fee (see web site) and will charge usual fees. For those individuals who bring down the tuning tools and perform the main tuning/teaching, I will cover their ranch fees (call it sweat equity). The ranch will have its usual fair of longhorn burgers and steaks for sale (see web site) and I will cook up a longhorn brisket and Ranch House Rolls, Ranch House Beans and have a side of veggies and Cowboy Cookies for desert. To cover the cost of the Bar-B-Que BEEVO, the price will be $8.00. The ranch does not have a liquor license but you are welcome to BYOB, just keep it sober. All the amenities and fun things to do at the ranch listed on the Web Site are available. If it is warm enough and for those who feel crazy enough, we even have a bicycle that can be ridden off a jumping ramp and splash down into "Turkey Tank" the largest pond at the ranch (you land in about 8 ft of water). There is great fishing in the two largest ponds, Turkey Tank and Dear Park, (Bass, Catfish and Blue Gill) with no license required and is included with the day use/camping fee.

There are two well shaded, concrete floored areas in the barn runway and the carport (two full size pickups can park in it) with good ventilation for tuning. There will be fans for the airheads (and tuners) to keep them cool while tuning. There is also a large concrete parking pad where we can put up canopies (plenty on hand at the ranch) if additional shade is needed for working areas.

There are several great roads ride in the area and I will have maps with different options highlighted for those who want to do some cruising after tuning. I will be heading back west and north on Sunday so anyone wanting to ride out with me in that direction is welcome to come. We will be bombing some great hill country roads as I take the long twisty but fast way back to Amarillo. I will split my trip back to Amarillo up in two days.

For reservations email the ranch at bcrwarda@gmail.com or call the ranch (979) 242-5894. My brother Damon manages the ranch for the family and you will be speaking with him or one of his kids.

Please give me a count of who is coming and who is going to have Bar-B-Que so I can cook up plenty of chuck. You can use the ranch email or post here on the forum.

Thanks,

Paul K. Nolan, MD
            Amarillo, TX
            The Bike Doc
            1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Bones" (to be stripped to the bones) http://tinyurl.com/c8vya6

Comment

Ctcc

XJ's rock !!!
              XJ1100K
              Avon rubber
              MikesXS black coils
              Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
              MikesXS front master
              Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
              Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
              Progressive fork springs
              CIBIE headlight reflector
              YICS Eliminator

Comment

I'm seeing alot of XJ's among the players, are there going to be some XS tuners also? I'd like to drag a couple of my 79 standards up there to get lined out if the XS guru's are going to be in the house. Texas Rookie
                Texas Rookie - NW Houston
                79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
                04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
                2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
                newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Comment

Central Texas Carb Clinic Update!!!

Central Texas Carb Clinic May 30-31, 2009 UPDATE!!!

The Central Texas Carb Clinic will be May 30-31, 2009 at Bluff Creek
                  Ranch, Warda, TX www.bcrwarda.com

I will be arriving Friday late afternoon to early evening May 29, leaving Amarillo on Thursday May 28 and split the ride up into two days.
                  Anyone from the Wild West who wants to join up with me on the road, I will welcome the company. Just let me know and we will coordinate a meeting point. "Sweet Scarlet" (1982 XJ750RJ) will be my ride and a friend will be riding the "Gray Ghost" (1982 XJ750RJ) My brother, Damon, will have his 1979 XS1100 Special waiting at the ranch.

The ranch has sleeping accommodations of cots in the "Bunk House" which is the large loft in the barn with screening tents about the cots. There are showers at the ranch for the visitors. There is camping, fishing, swimming, hiking and mountain biking available at the ranch. The ranch has all the basic mechanic tools but none of the specialty tools for the tune ups. Several of the "Tuners" who will be coming will provided the tuning tools. If you have tuning tools bring them on down.

This is the list to date:

Tuners:
                  Gary Schulte: 12mm colortune, 14mm colortune, Carbtune 2 sync gauge, compression gauge, feeler gauge (non-X friendly) Dell Klotz: 18" right angle screw driver, aux fuel tank with two hoses Dewayne P. Blanco (1985 XJ700N) Rex Smith (1982 XJ 650 Maxim) Tom Wyble (1982 XJ750RJ Seca) Tools courtesy of Jeff Covington (AKA Drive Shaft): YICS tool, colortune

Comers:
                  Michael Hatfield
                  Lee Keohan: (1982 XJ650 Maxim) Carbtune 2, 14mm Colortune, YICS Blanking Tool Tom Sedgwick James "Neal" Pipes Kevin Hunter Joe Talafous Maria Blanco Gracie (Tom Wyble's) Justin Anderson (2004 Z1000) Vickie Anderson (2009 Triumph Bonneville) Midnightblu Killeen, TX?
                  Jim Witler of Colorado? 1981 XJ650
                  J Melton
                  Steve Paquette (1982 XJ750RJ)
                  Witt of LaGrange, TX?

Hosts:
                  Paul Nolan: (1982 XJ750RJ) Morgan Carbtune Pro, Gunson Colortune Tuning Spark Plug Kit 14mm Spark Plug, YICS Port Blanking Tool, YICS Chamber Port Cleanout Tool, Idle Mixture Screw Removal and Adjuster Tool, size
                  #2 & #2 JIS-standards Phillips Screw Drivers, Heavy-Duty Impact Driver Set and long bits, Auxiliary Fuel Tank, Valve Shim Pool for XJ Non-X models 2.45 - 2.90 x 4 each, Valve Shim Bucket Retainer Tool, Feeler Gauge Set (Non-X), High and Low Torque Wrenches Damon Nolan: (1979 XS1100 Special) Full set of metric tools, sockets, box wrenches, allen keys, high and low torque wrenches, bearing pullers, c-ring spanner tools, and healthy assortment of bicycle tools

Tuners: Please fill in the list of tools you will be bringing down so we can see what we have in and what we may be deficient in. Add your bike to the list if not already listed.

Comers: Add your bike to the list and any tools you may be bringing in not already listed.

DOOR PRIZES: XJ4Ever Spin on oil filter adaptor with Amsoil filter (x
                  1) fits XJ650s & XJ750s
                  JIS screw Phillips screw driver set sizes #2 & #3 x 1 (for those ornery JIS Phillip head carburetor screws) Fuel filter with 90 degree elbow x 2 Throttle Rocker x 2

Parts Order for: Lee Keohan: Reproduction rubber valve cover gasket 82 XJ650 Maxim, Reproduction valve cover hold-down bolt rubber pressure washers set of 8, Reproduction valve cover hold-down bolt rubber pressure washers set of 4

Paul Nolan: OEM rubber valve cover gasket 82 XJ750RJ x 2, Reproduction valve cover hold-down bolt rubber pressure washers set of 8, Reproduction valve cover hold-down bolt rubber pressure washers set of 4, Tapered roller bearing headset and seals kit x 2

The ranch has a day use and camping fee (see web site www.bcrwarda.com ) and will charge usual fees. For those individuals who bring down the tuning tools and perform the main tuning/teaching, I will cover their ranch fees (call it sweat equity). The ranch will have its usual fair of longhorn burgers and steaks for sale (see web site www.bcrwarda.com ) and I will cook up a longhorn brisket and Ranch House Rolls, Ranch House Beans and have a side of veggies and Cowboy Cookies for desert. To cover the cost of the Bar-B-Que BEEVO, the price will be $8.00. The ranch does not have a liquor license but you are welcome to BYOB, just
                  keep it sober. All the amenities and fun things to do at the ranch
                  listed on the Web Site are available. If it is warm enough and for those who feel crazy enough, we even have a bicycle that can be ridden off a jumping ramp and splash down into "Turkey Tank" the largest pond at the ranch (you land in about 8 ft of water). There is great fishing in the two largest ponds, Turkey Tank and Dear Park, (Bass, Catfish and Blue Gill) with no license required and is included with the day use/camping fee.

There are two well shaded, concrete floored areas in the barn runway and the carport (two full size pickups can park in it) with good ventilation for tuning. There will be fans for the airheads (and tuners) to keep them cool while tuning. There is also a large concrete parking pad where we can put up canopies (plenty on hand at the ranch) if additional shade is needed for working areas.

There are several great roads ride in the area and I will have maps with different options highlighted for those who want to do some cruising
                  after tuning. I will be heading back west and north on Sunday so
                  anyone wanting to ride out with me in that direction is welcome to come.
                  We will be bombing some great hill country roads as I take the long twisty but fast way back to Amarillo. I will split my trip back to Amarillo up in two days.

For reservations email the ranch at bcrwarda@gmail.com or call the ranch
                  (979) 242-5894. My brother Damon manages the ranch for the family and you will be speaking with him or one of his kids.

Please give me a count of who is coming and who is going to have Bar-B-Que so I can cook up plenty of chuck. You can use the ranch email or post here on the forum.

Thanks,

Paul K. Nolan, MD
                  Amarillo, TX
                  The Bike Doc
                  1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Bones" (to be stripped to the bones)
                  http://tinyurl.com/c8vya6

Comment

Who is bringing:

- needle-nose pliers (for removing pinch clamps on fuel line)
                    - small maglite flashlight (for working in a shady spot)
                    - digital caliper (for setting float height)
                    - straight blade jewellers screwdriver (for prying shim edge loose from bucket)
                    - magnetic pick-up tool (for plucking shims out of buckets)
                    - small butane torch (pick-up coil wire repair)
                    - solder (pick-up coil wire repair)
                    - heat-shrink tubing (pick-up coil wire repair)

JAT...
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

Ken I have these normally in the bags:

- needle-nose pliers (for removing pinch clamps on fuel line)
                      - small maglite flashlight (for working in a shady spot)

will add:
                      - digital caliper (for setting float height)
                      - straight blade jewellers screwdriver (for prying shim edge loose from bucket)
                      - magnetic pick-up tool (for plucking shims out of buckets)
                      - 110Volt hot air blower, 800 Degree.
                      - solder (pick-up coil wire repair)
                      - heat-shrink tubing (pick-up coil wire repair)
                      Anything else.
                      OH yea, my Scotch.
                      Dell82
                      Houston, TX

Comment

Hi Paul,

I finally made a decision...roll out the welcome mat; I'll be there on Saturday.

Dell and I will be leaving the Houston area around 6:30 AM, and should arrive before 10:00. Unfortunately, I've got to leave NO later than 13:00 CDT for an activity in Clear Lake, Houston (near NASA).

I’ll be bringing a 12 and 14mm Color Tune plug, sync gauges, and all kinds of electrical and hand tools. I’ve also got a Mini-Vac for bleeding brake lines. Does any one want to flush out their brake systems?

I’ll also bring a camera to capture the event.

I look forward to learning some new techniques and meeting some more XS11ers. Till Saturday, Ride Safe, Stan
                        '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
                        Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
                        '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
                        Stan Hutchison

Comment

Central Texas Carb Clinic Last Update!!!

Central Texas Carb Clinic May 30-31, 2009 Last UPDATE!!! I ride out tomorrow!

Three days away to the 2009 Central Texas Carb Clinic. I

The Central Texas Carb Clinic will be May 30-31, 2009 at Bluff Creek
                          Ranch, Warda, TX www.bcrwarda.com

Bluff Creek Ranch
                          537 Owl Creek Rd. Box 110
                          Warda, TX 78960-0110

979-242-5894

This is the list to date:

Tuners:
                          Gary Schulte: 12mm colortune, 14mm colortune, Carbtune 2 sync gauge, compression gauge, feeler gauge (non-X friendly)
                          Dell Klotz: 18" right angle screw driver, aux fuel tank with two hoses
                          Dewayne P. Blanco (1985 XJ700N)
                          Rex Smith (1982 XJ 650 Maxim)
                          Tom Wyble (1982 XJ750RJ Seca)
                          Tools courtesy of Jeff Covington (AKA Drive Shaft) YICS tool, colortune

Comers:
                          Michael Hatfield
                          Lee Keohan: (1982 XJ650 Maxim) Carbtune 2, 14mm Colortune, YICS Blanking Tool
                          Tom Sedgwick
                          James “Neal” Pipes
                          Kevin Hunter
                          Joe Talafous
                          Maria Blanco
                          Gracie (Tom Wyble's)
                          Justin Anderson (2004 Z1000)
                          Vickie Anderson (2009 Triumph Bonneville)
                          Stan Hutchison (1982 XJ1100J) 12 and 14mm Color Tune plug, sync gauges, and all kinds of electrical and hand tools. I’ve also got a Mini-Vac for bleeding brake lines
                          Ken Talbot (81XS1100) needle-nose pliers (for removing pinch clamps on fuel line), small maglite flashlight (for working in a shady spot) digital caliper (for setting float height), straight blade jewellers screwdriver (for prying shim edge loose from bucket), magnetic pick-up tool (for plucking shims out of buckets), small butane torch (pick-up coil wire repair), solder (pick-up coil wire repair), heat-shrink tubing (pick-up coil wire repair)
                          Midnightblu Killeen, TX?
                          Jim Witler of Colorado? 1981 XJ650
                          J Melton

Hosts:
                          Paul Nolan: (1982 XJ750RJ) Morgan Carbtune Pro, Gunson Colortune Tuning Spark Plug Kit 14mm Spark Plug, YICS Port Blanking Tool, YICS Chamber Port Cleanout Tool, Idle Mixture Screw Removal and Adjuster Tool, size #2 & #2 JIS-standards Phillips Screw Drivers, Heavy-Duty Impact Driver Set and long bits, Auxiliary Fuel Tank, Valve Shim Pool for XJ Non-X models 2.45 – 2.90 x 4 each, Valve Shim Bucket Retainer Tool, Feeler Gauge Set (Non-X), High and Low Torque Wrenches
                          Damon Nolan: (1979 XS1100 Special) Full set of metric tools, sockets, box wrenches, allen keys, high and low torque wrenches, bearing pullers, c-ring spanner tools, and healthy assortment of bicycle tools

DOOR PRIZES: XJ4Ever Spin on oil filter adaptor with Amsoil filter (x
                          1) fits XJ650s & XJ750s
                          JIS screw Phillips screw driver set sizes #2 & #3 x 1 (for those ornery JIS Phillip head carburetor screws) Fuel filter with 90 degree elbow x 2 Throttle Rocker x 2 Weather proof clock and thermometer x 1

If not on the list and you plan on coming, pipe in now. I will be logging off on Thursday morning 5/28/2009 and will not be able to respond until Friday evening 5/29/2009.

Wild West Riders: Jim Witler of Colorado and I will be leaving Amarillo on Thursday 5/28/2009 around noon and will ride to Warda in two easy days instead of one butt breaker day. If you wish to join us let me know NOW so we can link up along the way. Post a response to my email at paulknolan at gmail dot com and I will contact you to coordinate a meeting point.

See you in Warda, or on the road getting there! I am looking forward to a great weekend!

Thanks,

Paul K. Nolan, MD
                          Amarillo, TX
                          The Bike Doc
                          1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Bones" (being stripped to the bones)
                          http://tinyurl.com/c8vya6

Comment

CTCC Photos

Paul, Here's a link to some photos I took at the clinic. You do NOT need a Facebook account to view these pics. If you like, you can forward this link to your distribution list. I believe everyone had a nice experence. Next year, please provide cooler temps, it was a hot ride home...sunny and dry. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=faccce3674
                            '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
                            Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
                            '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
                            Stan Hutchison

Comment

Beep, beep, beep, back up the bus for a moment! Sorry if you got the wrong impression from my earlier post about tools to bring along. I meant my post to be a sort of "here's a few items that somebody who can actually make it to the event should bring along". I thought I was being clever in tossing out the list and asking who would be bringing the items. As much as I would have loved to be there, there's no way I would have been able to get there in anything more than spirit. Hope somebody else brought the tools...
                              Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
                              X