No announcement yet.

Cranks but won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, guys, I didn't get one going yet. I was on my way home with full intention of doing most of the things prescribed here when I got a call from my youngest sister. Long story short, I spent the most of the weekend with family because my only surviving blood grandmother passed away on Friday. I just took the bike to the mechanic. Sounds like selling out, but I just didn't want to mess with anything. Hopefully I'll hear something back in a day or so, and it'll be something simple. I'll keep you guys apprised of the situation. Thanks again.
    "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

Originally posted by FSCGunslinger View Post
      No, guys, I didn't get one going yet. I was on my way home with full intention of doing most of the things prescribed here when I got a call from my youngest sister. Long story short, I spent the most of the weekend with family because my only surviving blood grandmother passed away on Friday. I just took the bike to the mechanic. Sounds like selling out, but I just didn't want to mess with anything. Hopefully I'll hear something back in a day or so, and it'll be something simple. I'll keep you guys apprised of the situation. Thanks again.
      Sorry to hear about your grandmother.
      Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
      1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
      23mm float height
      120 main jets
      42.5 pilot jets
      drilled stock airbox with K&N
      Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
      spade fusebox
      1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Family trumps bike in my opinion.You can work on the bike anytime.Sorry to hear about your grandma.
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Very Sorry

Hate to hear about your Grandmother. Yep, Blood is thicker than water or fuel. Bike will be there when your ready.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Working...
          X