brake parts swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake parts swap?

Does anyone know what brake parts fit what years? Does a 78 ft calipers fit a 80G? What about master cyl? Thanks Den

As far as I know, ALL rear calipers and M/C's interchange, only the mounting plates for the calipers are different. The front, however, is a different story. Standard and special have different fork legs and calipers, will not interchange. The front M/C's are also different in the fact that the special M/C is angled to conform to the buckhorn bars, and the brake hose from M/C to junction block is longer. The M/C's and calipers have the same bores and can be used with each other, ie; special M/C with std front, and vice versa. The entire front (triple trees, fork tube and lowers) can be used on both std or special if entire front is used. Hope this helps.
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

Comment

Hi Den,
      pads & calipers swap on ALL the XS series bikes from post '77 XS650 on up. For Standards, that is. The larger engine Specials, XS750S?, XS850S? XS11S? all have the forward axle fork sliders and ATE style swivelling front calipers and those ATE calipers don't swap with nothin'
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hi, Just wondering as to the setup on the front of the XS1100RH which has leading axle fork sliders but a standard type of brake caliper. I met a guy a few weeks ago who rode one, and we were noting differences between my '79SF and his RH. It's got me thinking about fork seals etc in his case, as I'm having enough dramas sourcing front end bits for mine
        Regards,
        Errol
        79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
        Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
        *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
        *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Working...
        X