No announcement yet.

Headlight HI/LOW switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works like a charm! Doesn't "latch" if the motor stalls to keep the light on, but otherwise the light is off until the motor fires and the headlight out indicator on the instruments glows dimly at idle and goes completely out once it revs past 1500 rpm or so.

Not too bad!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Do you still have the wires jumped?
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

So the question is...why don't you want to run a switch from a hot lead to make them switchable instead of doing the impulses from the alternator and the diode thing?

Originally posted by hbonser
        Works like a charm! Doesn't "latch" if the motor stalls to keep the light on, but otherwise the light is off until the motor fires and the headlight out indicator on the instruments glows dimly at idle and goes completely out once it revs past 1500 rpm or so.

Not too bad!
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

oldyam80sg- No need to have the wires jumped now, the new relay is plug and play. It was a loose fit in the rubber mount, so I used some electrical tape to wrap it and hold it secure and put the mount back onto the tabs on the bike.

skids- I wasn't looking to put a switch on the lights, just make the lights work as close to stock as possible w/o spending $85 on a yamaha relay that Bike Bandit shows is still available. I could have basically accomplished what you are saying by jumping the wires w/o a relay and then the lights are on when the key is on. That would be my switch if I went that route.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
          X