Greetings from New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from New Zealand

Thought I might as well join seeing as I purchased an 81 XS1100 Special today for $300NZD.

She's a bit of a basket case at present but I plan on ground up rebuilding her except for the engine which I'll just throw some paint at

I'm going to be on the hunt for some parts... All the usual, forks, exhaust, headlight mounts, indicators, intake manifolds and what ever else I come across while I have her in bits.

I'll poke my head in here when I get the chance.

Cheers

Welcome and poke away.... this site has provided not only the required technical advise..... but as members will atest.....it has been the source of inspiration needed to complete the project.
    Ernie
    79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
    (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Hi Alan, welcome to XS land
      Good deal?
      $300NZD ... That's like $23,487.21 yen
      or $213.87 US in real money

Would be cool to see before and after pics of your rebuild.

mro

Comment

i may be able to help you with a set of indicators, what part of NZ are you in? I am in Greta Valley north Cant, Are doing an mild custom on mine and will have a set of indicators , rear gaurd, square clocks and headlight that will not be going back on the bike. I also have available a few other parts via a friend who is not on here. Let me have a list of what you are looking for and I will get you some prices off the guy.
        http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
        1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
        In stock untouched contion.
        http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
        1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
        Mikes XS coils
        Jardine 4-1
        Pod filters
        Harley Davidson Rear Fender
        Bullet signal lights
        Twin 75mm headlights
        Self made single seat

Comment

Thanks guys...

I'm not sure if its a good deal or not but I can afford it lol

Will definately be taking photos as I go

Sub, I'm in Auckland... An import from the mainland and will definately be keen on some of those parts you have

Comment

cool another kiwi xs'r, shame ya north of the bombay aye, inlet boots can be bit hard to find in NZ have been searching myself for a decent set. TradeMe and Ebay seem to be the best spots for getting them or the local junk meets. $300 Nz is a bargain mine cost $2500 and I'm still payin through the nose

Comment

Originally posted by mdnzz
              cool another kiwi xs'r, shame ya north of the bombay aye, inlet boots can be bit hard to find in NZ have been searching myself for a decent set. TradeMe and Ebay seem to be the best spots for getting them or the local junk meets. $300 Nz is a bargain mine cost $2500 and I'm still payin through the nose
              Damn... I need a set of them

Comment

Hey fellows in NZ,

Yes, they are on EBAY, about the same prices as on Partsnmore.com, about $90.00 US for a set of four. They don't weigh that much, so.....depending on how FAST you want them, the really slow shipping can be fairly economical.

Some members here in the USA have offered to receive $$ via Paypal or such for folks in FAR AWAY places, bought the products and had them shipped to them!

But aside from the cosmetics, have you verified whether yours are leaking?? THey are double walled, and most times the insides are solid and not leaking, it's just the cracking of the outside that's unsightly! There are several fixes for that that are much more economical than the cost of new ones!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks Topcat... The ones on my bike have very deep cracks in them and because I am going to do a ground up restore I will definately be replacing them

Comment

Re: Greetings from New Zealand

Originally posted by Alive
                    Thought I might as well join seeing as I purchased an 81 XS1100 Special today for $300NZD.

She's a bit of a basket case at present but I plan on ground up rebuilding her except for the engine which I'll just throw some paint at

I'm going to be on the hunt for some parts... All the usual, forks, exhaust, headlight mounts, indicators, intake manifolds and what ever else I come across while I have her in bits.

I'll poke my head in here when I get the chance.

Cheers
                    Gday! Your on KiwiBiker arent you? Lots of good stuff here. Good luck with the Barge....Chrisso ( Kiwi in Oz)
                    80 XS11 Standard Australia

Comment

Re: Re: Greetings from New Zealand

Originally posted by chrisso

Gday! Your on KiwiBiker arent you? Lots of good stuff here. Good luck with the Barge....Chrisso ( Kiwi in Oz)
                      Yea I have been known to poke my head in to Kiwibiker from time to time

The Barge is going to be a fairly long term project from the look of it

Comment

Good to see another XS about.

There was a guy on Trademe last week flogging a bunch of XS bits last week; forks, body bits, frame, etc, but no bids. Search trademe for "cherokee6"

Dave
                        XS1100G (3X1 000274) "Torquey"

You can think of a lightning bolt as essentially a really really big bug zapper. Unfortunatey, we're the bugs.

Comment

That guy is in the deep south. Invercargill. His prices are way above anything that is reasonable. You would get parts in better condition and cheaper by importing them from the members of this forum. Or buying them on Ebay.
                          1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
                          Mikes XS coils
                          Jardine 4-1
                          Pod filters
                          Bullet signal lights
                          Twin 75mm headlights
                          Self made single seat

Comment

Yea I've seen his stuff.. Asked about a set of carbs he had on a motor and he wasn't prepared to remove them so I figured it was probably better not to deal with him

Comment

I will as my local guy if he has a set of carbs, possibly a set of forks and his price, I know he has parted out three xs11's. I have a set of indercators I can sell you, also a rear gaurd complete with tail light in good condition. You may be interested in the tail light, as the gaurd is off a 79 std and I think is different than the special. I have a set of 4-1 headders, but they are rough, you would be better getting a Jardine of Ebay like I did, They were $450 delivered. If you dont have one, and are interested, I am removing the oil cooler unit. I will be putting this up for sale on Trade me, comes complete with mounting hardware. Let me know if interested and I will give you first option.
                              1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
                              Mikes XS coils
                              Jardine 4-1
                              Pod filters
                              Bullet signal lights
                              Twin 75mm headlights
                              Self made single seat

Comment

Working...
                              X