2.25%
    auto lite
    4.49%
    split fire
    1.12%
    81 SH for 300 bucks,work in progress.
    87 dodge d-50,35's,lockers fr&rr,fun.
    87 dodge d-50,35's,open diffs,wifes.
    89 dodge spirit,low 17's 1/4mile w/o turbo.

i had auto lites in when i bought the bike but i just swapped them out for ngk resister plugs bpr6es.i have ran the ngk's in my truck for years and love them.hope fully i will pick up a couple extra mpg.
    81 SH for 300 bucks,work in progress.
    87 dodge d-50,35's,lockers fr&rr,fun.
    87 dodge d-50,35's,open diffs,wifes.
    89 dodge spirit,low 17's 1/4mile w/o turbo.

Comment

I use Bosch platinum plugs when I can find them. I think they're the best plug for the money. I'll use ND or NGK when I can't find the Bosh plugs.

Tony
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Powerram - I was running the NGK BP6ES's, and they were running about $5 a pop at Smythe Automotive. Switched to Autolite 63's and I can get a whole set for $5 at Advance Autoparts. In fairness to NGK, they're cheaper at Advance also, but still more expensive than the Autolites. It's a lot easier to find the Autolite's, and I can't really tell any difference between the two.
        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

NGK iridium

7$ each

Comment

I'm using the NGK resistor plugs - have always been happy with them. I must admit though, that I haven't seen the Auto Lite's here (though they may be available at Napa, CarQuest or some other auto parts specialty store).

I like the Bosch as well but, I find them too expensive for minimal benefits.

Champion and AC/Delco as last resorts.
            1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
            1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
            1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
            1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
            2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Nothing but NGK BP6ES for my SG.I tried others back in the day but always went back to the NGK.I just like the way they run.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              xschop K & N air filter setup
              Dynojet Recalibration kit
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
              1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

NGK Platinums in it right now, but usually use BP7ES as I can't get the BP6ES here unless I special order them.

Mikes XS has done tests and found the Iridiums add 2 hp to the 650's...
                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

NGK Iridiums also. Instantly noticed a difference in starting and cold idle.
                  79SF
                  XJ11
                  78E

Comment

Is it really the plug, or the coils?

Well,

I've been using Champions for years, and after I put on the MikesXS High Output coils, I, too, noticed easier stronger starting and more seat of the pants power, but I'm still using the Champions.
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

According to the literature, the iridium plugs are supposed to conduct electricity more efficiently resulting in a hotter spark. They also don't want you trying to adjust the gap due to the small diameter of the center electrode - evidently it's pretty easy to damage it. I thought about trying them but was affraid the hot coils would do bad things to them. Either of you guys running iridiums have high output coils installed?
                      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Almost every vehicle made in the last 20 years has a much hotter coil setup than the XS11.

I don't think even the best coils we can get will bother the Iridium plugs.
                        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Stock coils.
                          79SF
                          XJ11
                          78E

Comment

NGK

I have always used them, strayed a few times and didn't like the other brands. Autolite is second place for me.
                            Sorry Top Cat, I think that Champions are the worst of all the plugs I have used in any engine
                            If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

got new plugs today, went to the dealer, asked for plugs they gave me ngk bp6es 2.50 each.
                              80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                              X