Fairing removal - wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing removal - wiring help

Okay, so I just removed the fairing from my '80G and it doesn't look too bad. There are 5 wires that need connected, and I'm not sure what they are.

I have a blue and a purple on each side (wire bundle), an extra blue, and a red. The red has 12v constant, and I cannot figure out where that would go. The blues appear to be flashers, as the power fluctuates when using turn signal switch.

When I use the blues as positive and the purples as ground, the blinkers ALL work with the emergency flashers activated, but they do not blink using the regular signal switch.

The wiring diagrams I have show green and black to the front signals, but I have NO green OR black wires that aren't part of the factory gang plugs (white plasting square plugs).

Anyone have any ideas? Everything works except for the turn signals.

Tim

If you can't figure it out, you can ride it up here to Portland and I'll have a look at it.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

The diagram that I have shows Blue wires for the park lights, a Brown wire for the Right turn signal and a Green wire for the Left turn signal. There should be some Black wires from each of the signal units for a ground. I believe the Red wire is an unused accessory wire.

Hope this helps you.

Larry
      Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
      82 XJ1100
      80 XS1100G (Project bike)
      64 Yamaha YA-6
      77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
      See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll see what I can manage with the diagram and my multimeter.

Tim

Comment

Working...
        X