• Show
Clear All

Just ordered a new one from mikes xs.

Thanks Jim.

Now I'll have to get a new clutch leaver so there new on both sides

Thanks every one for help

Comment

I found a factory flaw in my MC,
      I have done everything and still sometimes get a hard handle, you just have barely touch it, but the brakes seemed like they were dragging all the time....seemed like pressure building up in the MC or line.

So, we took the MC apart, tried to clean the spooge? holes? I think there should be one in the back for fluid and a smaller one in the front to relieve pressure...WELL, NO HOLE!! It was started, but never went completely thru......NO wonder the brakes have been a pain in the butt, never working correctly....we took a very tiny drill and drilled it out.....WOW, Bubbles in the MC when you pump it up until it is pressurized. It never did that before....

Maybe now my mileage will go up without dragging the front wheel!

Phew....
      Last edited by 03mach1; 07-20-2008, 04:04 PM.
      Dave
      1978 XS1100E

Comment

Nice going, Dave, that's not an easy one to find!

Regards,

Scott
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

my buddy's a bike nut, we actually put an R1 master cylinder on it to check everythign and everything work great, so we knew it had to be the MC...

However, it didn't have the mirror mount or the correct brake switch connector.
          Dave
          1978 XS1100E

Comment

Dave - Do you have the stock bleeders on the calipers or speed bleeders? When I rebuilt my front master cylinder I couldn't get it bled with speed bleeders installed even using a vacuum bleeder. I put stock bleeders in and vacuum bled, then finished up with the speed bleeders.

If you pumped the handle too far back when you were trying to bleed, the rubber seal that sits on the plunger may have come off its seat. They recommend putting a block of wood between the handlebar and the brake lever when priming to keep from unseating the seal.
            I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
            X