No announcement yet.

converting from carb. to fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to have a 92 camaro with a v8 and we burned proms for them. it was very easy. you can download winaldl for free and hook it up to the car and record idleing, part throttle runs full throttle runs and after collecting alot of data you can adjust the fuel and timing map. it's easy to do. i bet someone could rob an old ecu out of an older gm. 87-95 i think??? and use a couple of the sensors you could use a tbi injection unit holley makes a 670 cfm performance unit it's pretty nice it has 2 inch barrells on it. i had it hooked up to a performer rpm airgap manifold so it would dray air from both holes sort of like the vmax it's essentially a two barrel carb with two fuel injectors mounted above the holes.
    and they can be sitting at different angles with no problems. several guys had a whipple surecharger and it ounts the injectors flat so the fuel sprays into the intake. if you have never seen one you should check them out they are neat.

or couldn't you get a xj head and mount injector in the yics ports?
    i have not looked at them yet to see if that is viable.???

there was also a gm kit that uses the stock throttle body and sprays fuel into it but you remove the fuel pod. you could essentially remove the slides or pin them in the up position sort of like those things you can buy for the new r6 that keeps them open. and you could put the injector aimed right into the carb openeings or better yet. you could put them were the vacuumn connections are on the manifolds???

just some ideas to play with.
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

The last ideas are just missing a TPS. I am currently assembling my MS and so far, it couldn't be easier. Everything is idiot proof.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

81xsproject...I hope your planning to do a write up when your done. I'm thinking I might start tinkering with FI when I get my next tax return, and more info is better.

What FI throttle bodies are you planning to use? Are you going to go MS for the ignition timing also?
        1979 xs1100 Special -
        Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
        Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
        My Bike:
        [link is broken]

Comment

you could gut some zrx carbs they have a tps on them.
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

I will do a write-up. It might be a while as I still need the fuel pump/reg. I am using '03 gsxr 600 TB's.
            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
            X