No announcement yet.

seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These cleaners do best when you run the bike around at about 2500 rpms for a good while and by varied riding. Don't make the mistake of running at highway speed until the gasoline is about gone or your carbs will not get full benefit.

Originally posted by JOEY
    Thanks for all the great replys I think im going to run a tank through to see what it does.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I love seafoam. use it in all my motors annually.
      1978 XS1100E 81' motor
      ratted out piece of lightnin. yeah.!

Comment

sea foam rules

I have used it in everything I have ever owned and I has improved the way the engine runs. Use it in the gas tank as well as the crankcase. Follow directions and you will see it was money well spent.
        Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

I've used before in my virago920 and nothing happened probly because nothing was wrong with it in the first place Alot of people on the viragotech forums LOVE seafoam and it seems to be fixing alot of carb related problems. About putting it into your oil...most people say don't. Just put half a can into a full tank and run it out and repeat once more. I will be using it in the 1100 in a few days just to make sure it's clean. I will probly use it once a year.

here's a link to their forums, very helpful buncha guys

http://viragotechforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5237
          1978 XS1100E Standard
          Kerker Exhaust
          Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
          TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
          Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

I do add it to the crank case oil. It will clear up a cloudy oil site glass.
            I use it in every bike i buy because they have been sitting.

I have used it straight in cruddy carb bowls while i was cleaning jets and it does wonders for varnish build up. Roy
            Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
            1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Working...
            X