Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Battery Cover Strap Wire???

Hello,
    I'm just trying to figure out what this is....? I have never seen it before....

"Side Battery Cover Strap Wire
    New Yamaha side cover attaching wire for 1978 - 1980 XS1100 models. OEM p/n 2H7-2814A-00-00."

1979 XS1100SF "Sakura Natsuhiboshi"

that is the tool to hold up the drive shaft when you take the back wheel off.
    JOHN'O
    Xs1100E 1978
    American Import Cruiser

Comment

On the Standards the exhaust came back farther and you couldn't access the axle unless you held up the swingarm. The wire would do that for you. On the specials the exhaust didn't interfere with the axle so they didn't need it.
      Ernie
      79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
      (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

It also came with a special lever to fulcrum the wire, compressing the shocks, allowing you to hook it on the trailing arm.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys..... I thought it was a scam at first but, I have the Special which is probably why I never heard of it... lol
          1979 XS1100SF "Sakura Natsuhiboshi"

Comment

You would know if you needed it the first time you tried to pull out your rear axle.

Originally posted by NemisusDM
            Thanks for the info guys..... I thought it was a scam at first but, I have the Special which is probably why I never heard of it... lol
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

There's one of those for sale on ebay right now...
              Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
              1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
              23mm float height
              120 main jets
              42.5 pilot jets
              drilled stock airbox with K&N
              Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
              spade fusebox
              1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Working...
              X