Cincinnati Area owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from my test ride....all is well.

I have glass fuses...well, some of them. Whoever had this bike before me did some strange thinks with the fuse box and it looks like hell. I like the idea of having blade type, I think I'll find myself one of those conversions.

TupperJ - If you have parts to be scavenged I'd love to take a look. My bike needs a handfull of the odd things that might be hard to find by themselves.
    I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
    3J6 003509
    Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
    Fuse Block Upgrade
    Mike's XS Green Coils
    Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

Bill - Mc Clean? Monfort? You threw a couple at me that were before my time. We always said granny, truck hammer, and hammer. I had to laugh about the 'good buddies' line. I was at a diner up in MI and at the bottom of the menu it said 'Thanks for stopping by, good buddies'. I asked the owner why he felt it necessary to insult his customers. You should have seen the look on his face - he didn't have a clue what it means now-a-days. Speaking of terms, I've been seeing a lot of Evil Knievels on the road lately. I guess the bears are trying to save a buck on gas too. When we get together remind me to tell you the story about the Hundai I rear-ended with my 379 on 275 - pretty funny. With over a million miles under your belt I know you'll have more than a few to tell too. I'm looking forward to it.

Doug a.k.a. Hazmat (used to have a problem remembering to put my fuel caps back on )
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Mc Clean lane was the right lane,their old terminal is now Overnite/Ups( Sharonville) and Monfort refered to Monfort trucking ,still around I think, who would hit the left lane and put the hammer down,meat haulers form IO and NE I belive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPz2v...eature=related
        '80 XS1100 SG
        Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Steppenwolf - NOW I understand.

Question:

How do you know when your wife's been cheating on you with a Swift driver?

Answer:

When you get home he's still trying to back it out of the driveway.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Things have changed a lot over the years in the trucking industry. Here is a quick ride report......

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=17862
            '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Hey guys, I'm down with any type of get together, I still need to de - winterize, and I have a carb issue to deal with, other than that, my bike looks like hell but runs pretty good. I will try to get into it this week (been off work for a few weeks after my graceful a$# tripped and fell down a couple stairs) no permanent damage just some significant swelling to the knee...all gone now and back to work. so I will try to get my mechanicals dealt with this week and may haps, I'll be able to ride. and as far as crashing harley parties...it's all good as I also am 6'03" and tip the toledos at 240#. should be fun . have a nice day and ride safe
              I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Originally posted by egleaves

I have glass fuses...well, some of them. Whoever had this bike before me did some strange thinks with the fuse box and it looks like hell. I like the idea of having blade type, I think I'll find myself one of those conversions.

TupperJ - If you have parts to be scavenged I'd love to take a look. My bike needs a handfull of the odd things that might be hard to find by themselves.
                Yep, happy to have you come out and check thing out. I've also got a couple of the spade fuse blocks on hand if you want to upgrade.

This week is pretty trashed, heading up to Columbus to move one of the daughters, and then a funeral and a graduation on Friday. Next week, and this Saturday look good. Drop me a line and we can set something up.

Paul

Comment

Bill - I took a look at your ride pics. Wow does your special ever look nice. What do you do, put that thing under a goose-down comforter at night, or what? Sweet. I love the video of the convoy in a Schneider truck - LOL. You know what they say, if you're not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Lorax - glad to hear your up for a little Harley baitin'. 6'3"/240 - no wonder you speak for the trees

I'm thinkin' sometime in July would be a good time to invade if that works for everybody else. Betsy's lookin' kind of like Frankenbike right now. She's got the factory gray tank, primer gray side panels with the badges removed, and the tail cowl and seat pieces are factory maroon. I'm gonna paint her candy apple red metallic this month. I have to order the paint next week and then I can do her up so she should be ready by early July. If I'm going to be in company like Bill's special, I want her dressed right
                  Last edited by dbeardslee; 06-04-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dbeardslee
                    [B]Bill - I took a look at your ride pics. Wow does your special ever look nice. What do you do, put that thing under a goose-down comforter at night, or what? Sweet.

Trust me when ya see pictures of bikes they always look good.
                    You can't see all the rust,chipping paint and just plain dirt on it. I haven't washed the bike since last september and have been caught in the for over 100 miles these past few months.Oil sending unit..great dirt catcher and a mirid of other things.

This pic was last march after a ride from Harrison to Brookville IN and back thru Ross in the rain and it just barely shows dirt...so trust me, the bike is a bit rough. It's birthday was last saturday..28 years old..orginal owner:-)
                    '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/mrK_benefit.html

Sure you guy heard this already...I can't make it. I didn't know Prizoner and Rockduster still existed....dang am I out of things.
                      '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Originally posted by egleaves

I
                        EG,

Life is getting in the way of my life. I find I'm not checking the forum as often as I should. If you want to get together and find parts, drop me an e-mail at tupperj@juno.com or give me a call at 289-6817. That's my cell, and the best way to reach me. Just didn't want you to think I'd disappeared.

Paul

Comment

xs forum

you need spark ,fuel and it should run spark and fuel spark and fuel spark and fuel it is not a car spark and fuel?

Comment

Shawnb - You haven't been sniffin' that fuel, have you?

Comment

Working...
                            X