accel super coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accel super coils

Does any one have accel super coils on their bike. If so how did you mount them?
    Steven 1981 xs1100sh
    frame up restore in progress

Welcome aboard. It helps if you add your year/model info to your signature in order for others to help you. I believe there is a write-up in the tech tips pages. Most answers are either there or can be found with a quick search as most questions have come up before.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

accel coils

This is how I mounted accel coils on a Special. Left side in normal position, right side pointing down. Black paint so they'e not visable. It's a tight squeeze. Might need to get a shorter bolt for the rear mount.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

i mounted mine in the same place that the old ones came off of. i atached the brackets that the coils came with to the coils and used screw hose clamps around the brackets and wraped the clamps around the tube frame of the bike. have had them there for 6 years and had no problem, and you cant see them. they are tucked up under the tank.
        79' XS1100SF

Comment

Last edited by Ken Talbot; 06-06-2009, 10:11 PM. Reason: fixed img tags - removed unneeded stuff
          Gene (Florida)
          1980 XS1100SG
          Accel Coils
          4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

Working...
          X