Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...did you get a manual?
    ---

With the head on the bench, looking at the valves, can fill the depression with some gas to see if it leaks past the valves or not.

Not difficult to get the chain on the crank sprocket. When it's on you can not pull the chain in either direction by hand. Also installing the cam sprockets there will be very little slack, XSpecialy doing the second one. Once the chain has been re-installed I push the cam chain guide aginst the chain with left hand (cam chain tensioner off, thru it's mounting hole) and rotate the crank just a little to see the cams/chain move properly.

Can measure the cams with a micromoter. Specs in manual.
    If your asking about "performance" issues by mix and matching early/late cams and head...can't hurt but doubt you will notice any difference when done. To achieve "noticeable" power increase seems to need more than this simple mod...

mro
    BTW, check prices for a complete gasket kit verses just the head gasket. Here it's a much better deal to get the kit. Kit will also have valve seals.

Comment

Hi mro,
      i did get a book !!,
      i will do the gas test tomorrow and let you know, hopefully i should be on the road asap,
      many thanks to all

Gary

Comment

"MRO states to fill the depression with gas to see if the valves leak."

I, unlike MRO, know what I'm doing(Hahahaha) and would set the head on it's side and and pour a bit of fuel into each intake port/exhaust port and then look at the 'depression' to see if fuel leaks past the valves.
        (Actually, this is how MRO does it, too.... he just has problems with words and sentences and such)
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Do you know, i went out side and poured some gas into the valves and it ran out of the spark plug hole, i thought i missed something hehehe, i will try the other way tomorrow and post back

cheer

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X