No announcement yet.

Anybody Know this Bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warren ..Congratulations on a fine machine...i went to bid on iit too but the seller didnt like my newbie rating and then said i was not sure abt buying it.So I'll just chalk it up as the one that got away....BTW the reason I was attracted, in large part,to this bike was the fairing and tour package ...as wellas being in what apperes to be fine condition...If you are taking those pcs off perhaps you'd consider selling???That is if anyone can tell what kind of fairing this is? And would it fit on my '82XJ11?
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

BTW Warren I apprecitate your insights abt ebay and actually being there in person.Now that I know a fellow XSive from channel eleven had the winning bid..I dont feel too bad...I might be interested in some other machines in that part of the country...if so I might need someone's opinion that I know I could trust in my abscence...To say I would be grateful and indebted would still be an understatement...I have a bike I am looking at on Cycle Trader and I forgot where it is in the MidWest...gotta go look ...will post back....
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey Madmax,

The fairing will be coming off as soon as I find a nice set of the correct square turn signals and a better headlight bucket. The fork ears are still in place and just folded flat to fit behind the fairing. The included stock headlight bucket has appreciable shelf wear; not damaged, just scratched up from living in boxes.

The fairing and lowers are genuine Yamaha; the bags and tour pack are Samsonite (these are really great, and hold a lot!). The factory Yamaha bags are sort of ugly 'to me', and not designed come off like suitcases - these are much nicer and I am sure quite a bit lighter. I was working for Yamaha when the XS11 came out, and I remember bolting on more that a few fairing & bag sets. More Vetter and aftermarkets though, because the Yamaha bits were quite expensive.

I have a BMW R100T that I may retire in place of the Yamaha, and if I do, will keep the bags & luggage rack to attach for those overnighters, but the Fairing will go for sure, even though the CycleSound is a nice option. I have a clear shield on the BM, and would save it for the Yamaha as it is non intrusive and can be quickly removed without any heroic alterations. I do not know if the "Standard" gear will retrofit the XJ but it may; asthetics would probably be the biggest issue. Let me hibernate on it :-).

I would gladly help out inspecting and reporting on Midwest bikes; there are quite a few super-low mileage scoots that hide in garages for most of the year up here, and are just waiting to be discovered. It is almost impossible to get an accurate evaluation from a seller, as they often see the bike they bought, and not the result of many years of use (or storage). Keep my number from the other post, and feel free to call anytime!

Cheers,
        Warren
        Sure it's gonna make some noise, there's GAS exploding in there!

Comment

Hey Warren I Pm'd you the other day...as for the fairing fitting my XJ11 well i forgot that yous has a fairing for a rectangular headlamp and mine is round....duh
          Last edited by madmax-im; 12-30-2007, 09:47 AM.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I bought mine on e-bay, one owner, 12,500 miles, hadn't been cranked in 4 yrs. that was 5yrs. ago, it was in cleveland ohio, I live in Georgia, cleaned tank, carbs brake pistons, now have 73,000 on it, and still runs great, very lucky. best deal I ever had my whole life. Fully dressed standard, paid $750. for it. Later 'Dog

Comment

Working...
            X