• Time
  • Show
Clear All

daily ride

I ride approx 9 mile one way everyday just South of Redding
    80 XS 1100 SG

Comment

9 miles south....Anderson?

Been awhile. Stayed in Redding for a few months once upon a time. Doubt I would even recognize it now. The park just across the river was a big party place... Had a pretty good time up there. Use to ride out to Wiskeytown and up to French Gulch regularly. Some real cool roads thru Trinity too.

mro

Comment

I ride every day to work from April thru Nov. SHotgun Speacil Will not crank off at sub 20's. We have not been above freezing for 18 or so days. Lots of snow on the ground.
        81 SH (SHotgun Special)
        110 mains
        idle jets 2.5 turns
        floats at 24mm

You live, You learn, then Die and Forget it all

Comment

I'm swapping between San Jose and Los Angeles area. Nor Cal when I'm on break from college classes.

The only hairy ride I've had was in some heavy rain between towns on hw1. Above about 45 with how much rain was washing across the road the bike would just slide sideways in the wind.
          Looking for an XS

79 XS1100SF (RIP)
          - stock standard headers(stupid PO), slip-on after-market mufflers.
          - after-market rear shocks (PO installed)
          - no airbox, POD filters

Misery remembered is ADVENTURE!

Comment

everyday?

Every day. I average two days a year when I can't ride because of the snow in SLC. It's a hair-raising ride when I'm studying and don't notice the snow accumulating. I have to ride down hills and if there's any grade at all the bike won't stop and I have to wait for salt trucks to sand the road. I have a mask similar to this one for cold face: MountainTools. I also wear the heaviest mittens I've ever seen and I've been a skiier since the 1960's.
            [IMG]http://michaelwilliamandersen.ga[/IMG]

Comment

no freakin way

more power to ya for being able to do this..but I couldn't and wouldn't do it without a fairing for one and heated gear for another...and then ONLY on days where the weather is FAIR not in snowstorms etc....no freakin way...There are timmes when driving in a cage has its advantages..this would be one of them..LOL
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm not saying I enjoy riding in miserable weather, but I do it anyway. Fortunately, the past week in the Northwest has been incredible. Temperatures are getting up into the low 60s, and the sun is shining every day.
                1979 XS11F Hazuki ('cause she's always trying to make me her slave.)

Comment

Working...
                X