Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petejw
    quote,
    "Here's yet another thing to take into account... Does syncing the carbs not correct for any difference in spring tension in any case ?? Maybe that's part of the reason why syncing is required as often as it is on these carbs. I think it's every 5000 KM."
    Rob

The way i look at it When ur syncing the carbs, the revs are consistant, as a result the slides are sitting in the one particular position,

the spring tension comes into effect when the slides are moving up and down with the throttle response, different tensions different rate of rise and fall.

i hope the above makes sense. :-)

but the way i checked my slides for consistancy was after the carbs are sync, rev the engine up and down, and watch the vac guages move up and down and see if theyre all consistant.
    Will .. if those springs were to become tired enough the needles "may" not stay completely down during the idle, high idle and beginning of the cycle. If the needles are rising even every so slightly the idle and start off could be rich. If they rise too quick the mid range would be too rich as well. All of the jets and needles are metering devices and should therefore be in tip top condition if the carbs are to work as was intended. In any case if cash is not an issue and the springs are close to 30 years old ... why not replace them. We quickly replace our rear shocks and fork springs when they get tired and this is realy no different.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
    X