Market value of 1980 xs1100 sg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sixtysix
    I had to beg a guy from work to come and ride it...once he did, he bought it for $1000.00.........so you guys are full of it in my opinion if you think an anverage XS can sell for $2500-$3000.
    Gary,

I wish I had known about your Special before I bought mine!

Whether you believe it or not, some XS11s have sold for 2 - 3 k.
    Robert
    79 SF

Comment

Robert 79sf

I saw the XS in question at Yamaha of Doraville on Buford hwy last summer. I frequent that shop and Cycle Stop(also on Buford hwy in Doraville) just to see what rolls through. It's like I said though, I personally would not have spent that kind of jack for that bike. For 3000.00 - 3500.00 you can do better as far as performance goes.

Dude, we should get together sometime and go riding out GA400 sometime. The roads out that way are awsome and the view is fantastic off the mountains. I don't go up there to "knee drag" but it is a nice ride. You should let me know something sometime.

Until then, the quest for quickness and alittle better handling continues .... ROLL OUT !!!
      The wisest men started out as fools and gained wisdom by surviving stupidity.

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I paid something like $300 for mine. It didn't run, but I had an idea why. Guy put some aftermarket coils on it and crossed the wires, burnt out the CDI. Little solder and it ran fine. I bought it to see if I liked riding or not. I LOVE IT!

I didn't think much of it till an old guy passing by seen it in my garage and drooled all over it. Didn't even glance at the GSXR. I guess it is up to how bad somebody wants one. This guy offered to buy it on the spot. I quickly said no so a price was not discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by XS-IVE1100

Dude, we should get together sometime and go riding out GA400 sometime. The roads out that way are awsome and the view is fantastic off the mountains. I don't go up there to "knee drag" but it is a nice ride. You should let me know something sometime.
          I agree, for day rides I like to go up around Sutches. Also like to go for 3-4 hour rides (easier to get away ). When it's nice after the holidays I'll try to give you a shout.
          Robert
          79 SF

Comment

1981 SH price

I sold a very nice 1981 SH here in the San Francisco Bay Area last month for $1600. The bike had 29000 miles on it. It was a very strong runner, had valves done, progressive front springs and Fox rear springs. All around, a very nice dependable ride. It took a couple of weeks to sell and there was a fair amount of interest (including one outright scam).

Tim
            80 XS11 Special

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dragonrider
              [B]Hey Gary,

You should have taken a road trip down here. She would have sold with no problem.<SNIP>

Other than really new (2001 or 2002 models) there is only about 6 used bikes in the "big iron" catagory available at all!

I need to get me a trailer. I have a good running 80 XS850, it's twin (Black and Blue, Ran till Sept. when I pulled rear brake and exhaust off it for the sidecar bike, an XS1100 that needs carb work but will be running in a week or so, and an XS750 parts bike. I would happily take $2500. or a big bike trade for all of them. (Sidecar not included!)
              Sidecarmikel
              aka Mike Laubenstein
              Lake Tainter, Wisconsin

1980 XS1100 soon to have sidecar
              1980 XS850/Dnepr sidecar
              1989 TransAlp/ no sidecar yet, but I know where there's an Equalean!

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Working...
              X