NGK Spark Plug Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGK Spark Plug Covers

Need to purchase new spark plug covers (boots) that have the pretty white "NGK" lettering on them. I found the NGK site and need to know what ohm value I would need. Looking at some old posts looks like 10,000 but need verification along with wire size 7 MM I am guessing? Found some for as little as $3.00 a piece and need to know that they will work. thx
    DEW
    One Red "Creation 1"
    One Black"Creation 2"
    One Black"Creation 3"
    One ???? "Creation 4"
    One ???? "Creation 5"
    One ???? "Parts Bike"
    All the above 1100 Specials
    78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
    1980 Midnight Special
    1978 650 SE

Hey Dew,

Did you happen to see THIS TECH TIP IN THE MAINTENANCE SECTION ?
    Actually most of ours are 5Kohms, but folks have also gone with NO resistor....IF you're not worried about radio frequency interferrence=buzz..if you're not using a stereo/music machine while you ride. The TCI is not susceptible to RF. Yes, 7mm solid core wire is stock. Happy shopping!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Not sure if they're exactly right but I saw some on Mikes XS parts website. I think they were all of $2.50 each.
      79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

Re: NGK Spark Plug Covers

Originally posted by dewibp
        Need to purchase new spark plug covers (boots) that have the pretty white "NGK" lettering on them. I found the NGK site and need to know what ohm value I would need. Looking at some old posts looks like 10,000 but need verification along with wire size 7 MM I am guessing? Found some for as little as $3.00 a piece and need to know that they will work. thx
        Replaced mine some time ago and found that LB05F and YB05F were perfect. Both have the 5K resistors on those and fitted nicely.

LB05F has a 90 degree angle and goes to the 1&4, YB05F is a 120 degree and goes to 2 & 3. I also cut couple of mm from the of wire to improve the connection. This might have been the biggest improvement since carb. sync. for my bike.

EDIT: Just read the previous link...dang it was all there...
        ---
        Marko
        '81 SH

Comment

Working...
        X