Buy cheap get cheap results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm.,....

Ok, Ok, I get it, I think , thank you. I'm new to workin' on bikes and I have made plenty of mistakes, for sure. All of the advice I've gotten on this site has been sound and good though ... and has probably saved me from erring too awful badly so far .... sooooo .... the forks are still sitting on my workbench ... I need some other dealer stuff anyway .... I never play the lotto .... but I did get a job so now I have less time to wrench on the bikes ..... and a little more $$ to spend. Think I'll try a pair of factory seals instead.
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

"Say it isn't so, Wiz!"

but I did get a job
      I've got a new set of MAC pipes in the garage. The box says Temecula, Ca.
      You should have done us all a favor and gotten a job there.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Mac, eh?

I thought they were in Corona with Jardine ??? .... hmmm .... but sure enough, by dog, here they are !!. I have a set of their 4:2 on my SF ... seem to work good for the few times I've ridden it !!

http://www.macperformance.com/about.cfm

I'll have to check 'em out .... good eye, Prom .... If they do have an opening, does anyone know someone who might be interested in movin' to Temec .... ever seen this town in the daylight? .... don't know if I could give up my convienence store job so soon after starting .... I'd have to think about it .... for a minute or two !!
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
        X