X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For your consideration/comments

Anyone done this before?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/carb-adjustment/
    Hi...my name is Mike, and I'm a lane-splitter.
    '80 XS1100SG (mine)
    '87 CMX450C Rebel (daughter's first bike)

Wow, sounds like that guy had some great luck with cleaning out the carbs. The problem that I've found is that you can't assume how well someone has cared for a bike or how long it has sat. Carburetion has its pros and cons and unfortunately letting them sit for any length of time is never a good policy.

My thought would be try it if you think that it will help you. Depending on the chemical content, you should be cool to run it and see what happens. Let us know if you try it.

Good luck!

Comment

Hey Mike,

Well, it is interesting that he was able to get it to run on pure carb cleaner, but I don't think it's necessary. He was just wanting INSTANT gratification! I run several ounces of SEA FOAM every few fillups. He should have put about a 1/2 can in a tank of gas, and run it about half empty, then let it sit a day or so, run the rest of it out, etc.! Just like it eventually did, the cleaner was able to dissolve the varnish/gum from the circuits, but probably would have anyways with more time at a lesser concentration which would be safer for the rubber carb parts!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

comments

guy went to the trouble of pulling the carbs off and "claned" em.
        From how it ran he should have known where to pay special attension in the carbs.
        Maybe next time he should try cleaning the insides.

mro

Comment

Working...
        X