fuse block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse block

There was a post on this site about a fuse block from J.C. Whitney with part #. I've been scanning every variation of fuses and can't find it. I need to change over to blade fuses because the holders for the class type have separated from the backing.

Does anyone remember that post or know of a simple solution to changing the panel out?

Thanks
    dodjh
    Semper Fidelis to my brothers serving on foreign hostile soil

Hey Dod,

I replied to your email this morning, I still have the replacement fuse blocks that hold 6 ATC style fuses, only $7.00, includes shipping. If you go to the TECH TIPS from the MAIN FORUM PAGE, and look at the repairs or mods section you will find several threads/tips on this, and the info on how to place an order!
    T.C.

Replacing Fuseblock MOD tip
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

fuse block

T.C.

I found the JC Whitney and Rick Jemison's---how do I get the one that you offer?

Thanks
      dodjh

Comment

Fuseblock

T.C.

I went back and found your site on "other tips" but your web page wouldn't pull up.

So let me know how to get the one you have available.

Thanks
        dodjh

Comment

other idea

I did this mod to my girl friends' special:

I cut it of the loom of a FZR600 and soldered it to the existing one.
          More work but looks absolutely stock
          XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
          MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
          Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
          Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
          Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
          Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

fuse block

Mathh,

It looks stock, do you have a material list of the parts that you could send me. I want to keep is as simple as possible----the more technical I try to get the more opposition I face.

Thanks for your post,
            dodjh

Comment

The loom was from a 1990 FZR600. Partnumbers here in europe are 3HE-82590-00, 3HE-82590-20 or 3HF-82590-10. Do not know the numbers in the USA. Ik cut of the loom approximately 8 inches away from the fuse box and soldered the cables to the correct old ones. Positive is that you now can use the automotive fuses, but you also have three positions to carry spare fuses.
              2 plus + "fan"option from the fzr600 will not be used.
              XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
              MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
              Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
              Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
              Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
              Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

fuse block

Mathh,

Thanks for the reply and all the part numbers, I have another
                one that I'm going to try first. I will keep the data and pictures.

Regards
                dodjh

Comment

TC's is by far the easiest to go. I have done 3(I think) so far and will be doing a couple more soo far. It sucks when you keep smelling burnt plastic only to find out it is not the car in front of you but your fuse panel.
                  United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                  If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                  "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                  "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                  Acta Non Verba

Comment

fuse block

Hobby Man,

Thanks for the words of wisdom--I was telling Mathh that I
                    wanted to keep it as simple as possible. I haven't viewed T.C. s
                    yet so I didn't have a physcial picture to compare. T.C. s sounded to be more of what I was willing to tackle.

dodjh

Comment

Its really simple. All you do after recieving TC block is:
                      Go to radio shack (or your favorite supply store) to get the insulated 90deg blade style krimp on fittings.
                      -Remove the existing panel.
                      -Put a notch in one side of TCs panel base ( The holes do not quite line up. You will see what I mean. Just a little V notch in the forward side works fine. Put the rear screw in and then the forward screw fits right into the notch and in the metal plate.
                      -Then cut the old metal blades off 1 by one to keep the order correct and put the 90Deg terminals on. (I put some liquid electrical tape in there to make sure it is not going to corrode)
                      -After all the the terminals are on and pluged in, Just put the fuses in and you are done, unless you want to print out another paper lable to glue to the case. You will have some extra slots to put spare fuses on or for aux circuits. I will try to get some photos if no one else has them.
                      Acta Non Verba

Comment

fuse block

Thanks Hobby Man for the details of the application. That project should be my last one before I can start riding. I have a neighbor who sells automotive electrical supplies and he probally has all of that except maybe the liquid tape. He has a gooseneck enclosed trailer and travels to different shops and retailers to restock their inventories.

If you can get some pictures that would be great.

dodjh

Comment

I think electricity is magic, and yet even I was able to install TC's fuse block with no trouble whatsoever.

It is quick and simple, even for my Rainman-like electrical skills...

Patrick
                          The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
                          1969 Yamaha DT1B
                          Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

fuse block

The single fuse holder below the main line of fuses, can it be added to the new fuse block?

Want it have to be grounded?

dodjh

Comment

In theory all fuses could run through TC's block. I might create an adaptor plug that would replace my 80G's main fues on the left side of the bike and run it through its own blade fuse on the block. All I need is the plug receptical.
                              Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                              X