79 XS1100F Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 79 carbs

If your into it you can drill a hole into the middle of the drain plugs and then braze a small 1/8 inch nipple into the hole. Attach 1/8 inch tubing to that and there you go. The tubes would of course have to be protected from heat and gas proof like the tubes that come with the Dial-A-jet system. The open ends of the tubes would also have to be directed upward above the carbs. I has to do this to attach my Dial-A-jet system so with that done I can confirm fuel levels as a unexpected by product of the install.
    You could make up the drain plugs and use them just to confirm the fuel levels when tuning the bike and not run them on the bike all the time.
    Rob

Originally posted by Yankman
    The tubes came out pretty easy in mine also. Suprised me. I figured they were in there since day one, and would have to be cut out with a weilding tourch, but didn't have to go that far. Though it might have been fun to melt the carbs that have been making me nutso, into a pile of goop.
    Has anyone come up with a way to attach a tube to the bowels so you can measure the fuel level. I don't know about you , but mine only have that %$#@%^&% brass bolt to drain them,and setting the float levels is a pain in the U NO WHT . It would be a lot easier to see how the level is before putting them back on the bike.
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I built this rig

I never put the carbs back on any of the bikes with out them sitting in the rig and having the float levels checked first. Yep it is a PITA to adjust float levels from the start this way so I try and set them with the calipers first than check them dynamically with some head pressure. Helps find those leaky valves real fast. That way it dose not matter if the petcocks seep a little. Takes a little extra time but it beats taking that airbox on and off to fix a leak.
      wingnut
      81 SH (Daily Ride)
      81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
      81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
      82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
      81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Well I finally got a avaitar up of my ride. It's a little out dated . I've added a luggage rack and a trunk.
        I'll try the suggestion about drilling the screws out when I get the time. I've pulled these carbs off at least a dozen times, and would love to get them set. I'm wondering if the main jets are the wrong size. According to my manual they are a number 35, which is what the Yamaha jets are, but it still seems to run rich.
        Open road and power between your legs, nothing better!!

Comment

Working...
        X