Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-jet for new exhaust / mixture

Two part question.
    Topshelf parts have a very nice looking 4 - 2, but they have a nicer looking 4 - 1 that is also cheaper. If I get the 4 - 1 do I have to re-jet the carbs? (Something that would almost guarantee more questions on here )

Secondly, I got my bent valve out and found that the seat and back of the valve were really carboned up. My mechanic friend said that it must have been running rich for some time (the previous owner, I haven't had it long), so when I get her running again - what is the recommended adjustment method, having read a coupe of different ways on here and have now heard about 'color tuning'.

As ever - thanks

Si
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

By the way I'm now going to pull every valve and clean them and the seats.
    Will be off in a couple of minutes to buy the proper valve tool.
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

You don't HAVE to rejet. To get the most out of a 4:1, you would want to. If you are OK with going into your carbs, it is no big deal.
      DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
      X